Community Health Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the direct supervision of the Mobile Health Services Manager, the Community Health Coordinator is responsible for outreaching in the community to promote the family planning and Healthy Texas women services offered in the clinics, developing partnerships, scheduling appointments, and making preparations in advance for all patient appointments. The position will primarily work out in the field and at various events within Harris County. This position will require traveling with the Mobile High Impact Team to events and clinical activities in all parts of Harris County.
- Maintains a pipeline of candidates that are eligible for Harris County Public Health (HCPH) Clinical Programs.
- Point of Contact for all potential HCPH clinical program candidates and partnering organizations.
- Oversees onboarding process for all new HCPH clinical program participants from beginning to end.
- Maintains a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other clinical program related evets.
- Assists with the community outreach budget.
- Nurtures new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
- Prepares timely and accurate revenue reports indicating program goals.
- Restocks and transports all registration documents to and from off-site events.
- Greets and guides patients through the registration process.
- Ensures the completion of patient paperwork, sign-in, and HIPPA guidelines.
- Performs registrations correctly to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement.
- Reviews all paperwork prior to the patient being escorted to the clinical area.
- Collects consent forms/paperwork and maintains a list of all pre-registered patients for events.
- Files any necessary department paperwork according to department guidelines.
- Maintains inventory by ensuring clinical and non-clinical supplies are in-stock at all times.
- Works with the managers and employees to standardize and maintain inventory.
- Consistently evaluates equipment to ensure reliability and readiness for all activities.
- Recommends changes in supply levels as well as eliminates unnecessary equipment and supplies.
- Rotates inventory to eliminate outdated supplies and maintains organization in all storerooms.
- Responsible for establishing a strong working relationship with managers and all employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience working in a community, non-profit or public health organization.
- Valid driver’s license (TX upon hire) with a clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Associate degree or higher in a Health/Science field or Social Work.
- Experience working with a mobile clinic.
- Experience with EPIC medical record system.
- Bilingual in (English - Spanish).
- Harris County
- Commensurate with experience.
- Based on 26 pay periods.
Additional Information - Core Competencies
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- Uses sound judgment.
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Building a healthy community.