Injury Prevention Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Injury Prevention Specialist (IPS) will be expected to proactively analyze tasks for potential ergonomic risk factors, perform biomechanical assessments and lead injury prevention activities. The IPS will champion proactive safety, job coaching, ergonomic training, and one-on-one engagements with Associates. The goal of the IPS is to improve technique prior to the onset of soreness or injury. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Minimize the risk of ergonomic injury to employees through awareness, education and early intervention
· Dive deep and learn each job function within the FC and understand the body ergonomic and physical demands of each task.
· Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process, evaluating potential poor ergonomic conditions through change management processes
· Evaluate trends and provide analysis of all soft tissues injuries and develop actions plans to mitigate risk
· Frequent engagements with both associates and operational leaders
· Support site leadership in implementation and management of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Rotation policies
· Partner with onsite medical team to implement treatment plans for first aid cases based on injury type
· Will be required to maintain all first aid credentials
· A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
· Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer, by either the Board of Certification (BOC) or equivalent State Certification
· Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and digital recordkeeping
· Experience in an occupational or industrial setting
· Experience with an industrial wellness program
· Experience working with a cross functional team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Come build the future with us