Operations Manager (COVID-19)
The Division Operations Manager will provide programmatic oversight, fiscal management, technical expertise, and workforce management for the Covid-19 vaccine operations, specimen collection and call center. The Operations Manager will manage daily work activities of the section, ensuring quality, productivity, functional excellence, and efficiency while assisting management in accomplishing strategic and operational objectives. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring appropriate and timely response of the Covid-19 related programs to public health emergencies such as terrorism events and other large scale outbreak investigations. The incumbent will serve a leadership role within the Harris County Public Health Services and provide guidance and expertise on relevant issues.
- Oversee the full spectrum of the Vaccine, Specimen Collection and Call Center operations.
- Provides guidance to staff and is responsible for workforce management including selection, scheduling, supervision, retention, and evaluation of employees.
- Provides development and mentoring of staff.
- Provides fair and consistent leadership and communication to maintain a competent and engaged employee group by conducting regular meetings.
- Facilitates and promotes effective team dynamics and teambuilding strategies within and between departments.
- Direct, delegate and oversee work efforts to ensure the highest quality and best possible delivery of service.
- Collaborate with Supervisors and Team Leads to ensure accomplishments of daily/weekly/monthly goals.
- Plan and organize day-to-day department operations, schedule, and activities.
- Set priorities and functional standards, giving direction to staff as necessary to ensure the best possible delivery of service and high customer/patient satisfaction.
- Optimize site operations and patient flow to ensure quality of service provided.
- Conduct regular analysis to ensure that schedules are being utilized to the fullest potential.
- Ensure proper and timely coordination and establishment of community partnerships.
- Maintain ongoing communication and collaborate with members of other HCPHS divisions, HC departments, community partners and the community in general.
Quality & Safety:
- Ensure a safe and effective working environment.
- Monitor and/or revise the department safety plan and/or any specific accreditation/ regulatory required safety guidelines.
- Employ a proactive approach in the optimization of safe outcomes by monitoring and improving the department workflow, using peer-to-peer accountability, and identifying solutions via collaboration.
- Monitor self and employee compliance with policies, procedures, and Standards of Practice and performs associated actions upon non-compliance.
- Establish and enforce benchmarks consistent with industry standards and monitors effectiveness.
- Assist in the development of department budget and ensures that the department operates in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage/audit department expenses within approved budget parameters.
- Develop staffing plans and schedules to meet department needs that reflect understanding of the importance of cost-effectiveness.
- Implement department strategies to achieve financial target and staffing needs, developing others to do the same, through optimizing productivity, supply/resource efficiency, minimizing incidental overtime and overtime percentage, and other areas according to department specifications.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions for practice or workflow changes to improve operations.
- Support change initiatives, maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities.
- Proactively evaluate processes; recommend and implement action plan(s) for change.
- Follow through to ensure effective, sustainable change.
- Identify opportunities and take action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, and units to achieve agency’s goals.
- Seeks opportunities to identify developmental needs of self and staff and takes appropriate action.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business/Public Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Five (5) years of progressive operational or administrative experience with Three (3) years in a supervisory/managerial capacity.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software including 365 programs.
- Knowledge of the principles of public health preparedness and response capabilities and how it relates to overall prevention & health.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of emergency response planning, training, and exercising.
- Strong organizational abilities, including planning, delegating and business processes.
- Excellent project/time management skills with ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Superior technical writing skills with ability to verbally communicate effectively.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Business/Public Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- 40Hours/ Week.
- Houston, TX 77002
- Commensurate with experience.
- Based on 26 pay periods.
Additional Information - Core Competencies
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- Uses sound judgment.
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!