Outreach Center Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Outreach Coordinator works with the refugee clinical team and sponsoring resettlement agencies (VOLAGs) to coordinate the health screening and follow-up activities for Refugee Program clients.
- 60% Outreach
- Maintains close coordination with refugee resettlement agencies (VOLAGs) by facilitating a referral process from the resettlement agencies to the Refugee clinic.
- Provides information to the VOLAGs regarding services for health maintenance, disease prevention, and resources for evaluation and/or treatment of newly arriving refugees
- Follows all assigned clients who have a positive tuberculosis screening test and ensures that they are evaluated at the health department tuberculosis clinic of jurisdiction or private health care provider as appropriate o Makes home visits when necessary to perform and/or to read TB skin tests.
- Facilitates appointments for the refugee clinic and outside providers as indicated o Notifies the Refugee Program clients of their medical evaluation and/or referral appointments o Organizes transportation and interpretation services for patients to clinic appointments
- Utilizes multilingual skills to assist communication among clients and health professionals
- Locates/contacts refugees referred by DSHS
- Enters registration data into the electronic medical record system, (Epic), on all new refugee clients and assembles medical record/chart for initial medical screening visit
- Organize and participate at community outreach activities to educate the community about activities and resources provided by the Refugee Program and Harris County.
- 35% Data Collection/Entry
- Upon Refugee Team Leadership requests, collects, and compiles data related to the program
- Documents all communication with clients and VOLAGs in appropriate medical file
- Utilizes EDN to obtain overseas medical documents for all applicable refugees
- Audit and verify all approved documents from resettlement agencies to ensure Refugees qualify for services. (Completed VolAg’s, I94’s, Visas and any other required document) 5% Other
- Other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience working in a community, non profit or public health organization
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a health/science field or social work
- Experience working in refugee and/or global health
- Bilingual skills in another language in addition to English (Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Swahili, and/or Spanish)
- Experience working with EPIC
- 40 Hours/ Week (Must be willing to flex work hours when required, including weekends)
- Houston, Texas 77036
- Able to travel within Harris County as needed
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and drug screen.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!