This position is responsible for all administrative functions of the Animal Resource Center.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Hourly Rate: $17.01
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
· 1+ years of administrative assistant experience
· 1+ years of experience with cash handling including deposits
· Experience in animal control/animal shelter or working with animals is helpful, but not required
· Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Must be able to communicate by phone using interpersonal skills
· Must be comfortable around animals
· Knowledge of general office procedures and equipment
· Experience with Microsoft Office software (word, excel, etc.) and operation of a database system
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Provide administrative support to the supervisor including, but not limited to, typing, filing, etc.
· Will handle database management
· Will maintain registrations
· Will order supplies
· Will perform routine clerical, receptionist, and dispatch duties according to policy
· Collect fees and issue receipts according to policy
· Maintain cash and prepare daily deposits
· Responsible for assisting with database management and entering information into the animal services database daily
· Create requisitions, receive, order and control office and shelter supplies and inventory
· Maintain order and cleanliness in the front adoption lobby including, but not limited to work and counter area, seating area and floors
· Receive animal complaint calls and dispatch animal control field officers
· Keep a complete and accurate log of all animal control calls received, dispatched, and the disposition of calls
· Create adoption packets and any paperwork needed for adoption events
· Update and manage rescue group and foster paperwork and databases
· Maintain follow up for spay/neuter with rescue groups and adopted animals
· Process donations and thank you letters
· Manage Sponsor-A-Heart and Heal-A-Heart fund balances
· Update and manage microchip registrations, county registrations, spay/neuter appointments, and citations and mailings
· Assist in daily operation of the Animal Resource Center including, but not limited to, preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.