Special Agent - Healthcare Services/Medical Background
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As an FBI Special Agent, you can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
Valued skills that can help you succeed at the FBI:
- BA/BS or advanced degree (preferably in a medical, health or public safety discipline).
- Ability to clearly communicate with medical/healthcare professionals and nonmedically trained colleagues and teams.
- Demonstrated medical/health expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to respond calmly and effectively.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Be detail-oriented, yet able to keep a strategic focus.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments.
- Honesty and integrity must be the foundation of who you are.
- The drive and commitment to make a difference in the communities you serve.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent on position.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT); must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
For more information on eligibility requirements see: https://fbijobs.gov/working-at-FBI/eligibility.Qualifications
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Have a bachelor's degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months driving experience.
The Special Agent Selection System (SASS) is a mentally and physically challenging process designed to find only the most capable applicants. For more information about the SASS, physical fitness requirements and work experience waivers, please visit: https://fbijobs.gov/career-paths/special-agents.
BA/BS or advanced degree (preferably in a medical, health or public safety discipline).
The FBI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise provided by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or nonmembership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other nonmerit factors.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants are evaluated on core competencies of collaboration, communication, flexibility/adaptability, initiative, interpersonal ability, leadership, organizing/planning and problem solving/judgment.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Your application has been successfully submitted.