Crisis Hotline Counselor (Bilingual)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides crisis intervention, emotional support, danger assessment, safety planning,
shelter placement, and information and referral to domestic and sexual violence
survivors through two 24 hour hotlines.
Monday-Friday 10:00-7:00 pm
Local Travel: 25%
- Provide crisis intervention, emotional support, information & referral, education, support, and advocacy to survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Conducts danger assessment and creates safety plans with survivors
- Provide shelter screening and coordination of shelter placement and emergency transportation of clients.
- Make CPS and APS reports as required and needed.
- Keeps accurate client and hotline records for monthly reports.
- Communicate with on-call staff including Coordinator, hospital accompaniment counselors and community partners.
- Communicate with HAWC’s answering service to relay and respond to messages.
- Communicate with Coordinator and other hotline staff at the counseling building regarding case management and other issues.
- Attend mandatory monthly meetings with Hotline & Crisis Intervention Services Coordinator, and/or meet as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. Should such duties become routine, the job description will be reviewed and revised.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Criminal Justice and
Experience: One year of experience working with social services setting
Language: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office
Certificates & Licenses: Texas driver’s license with a good driving record; ability to travel to off-site locations utilizing personal transportation
Ability to stand and walk around for extended periods of time is required. Employee will also need to need to squat or bend, reach outward or upward to effectively discharge job duties.
Job incumbent must be able to lift/carry and/or push/pull up to 40 lbs.
Essential Function Statement
The Houston Area Women’s Center has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions are included with the tasks. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Mission: The Houston Area Women's Center works to end domestic and sexual violence and supports all in building safe and healthy lives through advocacy, counseling, education, shelter and support services.
The primary work location for the incumbent in this position is at the agency's education and administration building and in the field
EOE Statement: Houston Area Womens Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other illegal grounds
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HAWC works to end domestic and sexual violence.