Homeless Case Manager (Remote Work Eligible) - Homeless Diversion Program
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a member of the Regional Initiatives Division, you will join an incredibly talented and hardworking Homeless Diversion department is dedicated to implementing effective human services programs to advance BakerRipley’s impact in the Houston region. Reporting to the Diversion Case Manager Supervisor the Diversion Case Manger is responsible for working with a team of social workers, relocation and employment specialists, and other disaster relief professionals to deliver direct services and identify appropriate strategies to assist families in crisis.
• Interviews applicants to obtain initial information to successfully complete applications for disaster recovery housing and recovery assistance.
• Works closely with Diversion Supervisor to find the best housing solution(s) for families.
• Assist clients in establishing their stabilization goals, and perform community outreach to better assist families in accessing resources, supportive services, and housing opportunities.
• Assist clients in their search for housing options, filling out rental applications, interpreting leases and understanding tenant rights and responsibilities as needed.
• Requests documentation and application information from clients for signature
• Work with all staff to set staff performance targets in accordance with contract requirements.
• Ensures full compliance with program reporting requirements.
• Works closely with Diversion Supervisor in complex cases in determining eligibility for housing assistance.
• Assists in determining eligibility for housing assistance.
• Advises applicants/neighbors of housing assistance program regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Responds to telephone, fax, email, and walk-in inquiries about program requirements and status of program applications and payment.
• Provides effective service delivery and case management services by applying the mission of BakerRipley.
• Complies with all agency policies and contract procedures.
• Adheres to Diversion established processes and guidelines including updates and changes made during the duration of the program to successfully comply with case management protocol.
• Works closely with Diversion Supervisor during file review for accuracy, case notes, documentation, and resource utilization for quality control.
• Utilizes Program Assistant for assistance in document routing for signature to clients and document requests from clients via secured systems established by BakerRipley.
1-5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Checking for Accuracy
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Bachelors or better in Social Work or related field.
High School or better.
1-5 years: 1-5 years’ related experience and/or training
Less than 2 years: Experience working with Homeless Population
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nonprofit working to keep the #Houston region a place of opportunity for everyone.