Case Manager - Rapid Rehousing (Remote Work Eligible)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a member of the Regional Initiatives Department, you will join an incredibly talented and hardworking Team that is working with families facing Homelessness as a result of the economic impact COVID-19. You will be connecting these families to other BakerRipley and community resources, along with the City of Houston.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Case Manager is responsible for leading the way in providing clients shelter, assist clients in establishing their stabilization goals, and perform community outreach to business owners, realtors, landlords, housing developers, and other service providers to build strong relationships and identify new and existing opportunities to better assist families in accessing resources, supportive services, etc.
EXPECTED POSITIVE OUTCOMES
- Meet your personal goals in order to meet overall program goals to place families in suitable housing on a weekly basis.
- Utilizing the HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) record all interactions and expenditures for each family on a real time basis.
- Enter rental expenditure information into the payment system to generate the monthly rental payment for each family according to the program guidelines.
- Interviews applicants to obtain initial information to successfully complete applications for disaster recovery housing and recovery assistance.
- Works closely with the available housing options to best meet the needs of the family and their proximity to family support, transportation, schools and other anchoring connections.
- Assists in determining eligibility for housing assistance.
- Advises applicants/neighbors of housing assistance program regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conducts community outreach to raise awareness of the housing and recovery assistance programs and requirements.
- Responds to telephone, fax, email, and walk-in inquiries about program requirements and status of program applications and payment.
- Provides effective service delivery and case management services by applying the mission of BakerRipley.
- Mediate with landlords, obtaining utilities and making moving arrangements when indicated.
- Mediate disputes between homeless persons and neighborhood stakeholders.
- Complies and follows all company and contract procedures.
Bachelors or better in Social Work or related field.
1-5 years: years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nonprofit working to keep the #Houston region a place of opportunity for everyone.