Case Manager- Afghan Placement & Assistance Program, Houston
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- The Case Manager will primarily be responsible for assessment of newly arrived clients needs according to the Afghan Placement & Assistance Cooperative Agreement and Operational Guidance, as well as connecting clients to additional community resources. . Responsibilities include:
- Housing (Responsible for developing a plan for securing safe and sanitary housing according to APA Coop. Agreement with the assistance of Program Director)
- Ensure that all core services are provided in a timely manner
- Initial Community Orientation
- Develop Self-sufficiency plan
- Provide referral and verify attendance to English as a Second Language Classes
- Counseling and emergency services
- Enrollment of children in school
- Transportation, translation and interpretation
- Maintain Case Files as required by APA Guidelines
- Prepare and submit reports as required by Program Director
- Airport pickup when deemed appropriate and necessary
- Solicit and document in-kind goods and services
- Report suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy violations.
- Follow mandated abuse and incident reporting requirements.
- Meet timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- Other duties as assigned
- Case Manager is ultimately responsible for all of the cases assigned
- Case Managers are directly responsible for up to 120 clients within the service period until March 2022.
- Case Managers are responsible for core services being completed within 30 days.
- Case Managers are responsible for self-sufficiency outcomes for all assigned clients
- Case Managers are responsible for follow-up of clients for up to 90 days.
- - Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- - College diploma and/or equivalent experience.
- - Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, automobile liability insurance, and a vehicle.
- - Fluency in Pashto or Dari required.
- The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status
- Note: All positions are filled in response to current refugee arrivals and their language needs; as language needs change, this will necessitate flexibility in our staffing.
- Additional Information
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Not a place. A purpose. We are more than buildings and programs. We exist to bring real change to issues affecting our neighbors.