Coding Auditor - Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Title: IRF Coding Auditor - Remote
Reports To: Director of HIM
The IRF Coding Auditor reviews billing, coding, clinical documentation, diagnostic results as appropriate to ensure the coding accuracy of patient conditions and procedures as documented with ICD-10 codes in accordance with IRF-PAI official coding guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Audit physician medical records, ICD-10 coding and charges to ensure compliance with IRF-PAI coding standards.
- Develop education on documentation and coding for the IRF-PAI and compliance with the IRF PPS requirements for physicians and clinical staff as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic reports to include:
- Chart reviews
- Coding reviews for over/under coding patterns
- Coding patterns in general and specific
- Revenue enhancement opportunities
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in HIM or related study
- CCS, RHIT or RHIA Certification
- 2+ years Inpatient Rehab Facility Coding experience
- 2+ years Inpatient Rehab Facility Coding Audit experience
Minimum Technical Specifications for remote access on your PC:
• Windows 10
• 8gb ram minimum
• 256gb ssd
• Full administrator access
Your application has been successfully submitted.