3 Places To Find Medical Assistant Jobs In Houston
There are medical assistant jobs in Houston, but where do you go to find them?
There are many medical assistants that work for hospitals and medical office buildings.
This article will highlight three places to find medical assistant jobs in Houston so that you can explore all of your options.
What Is A Medical Assistant?
A medical assistant is someone who provides immediate support to doctors and nurses. They do this by taking care of medical records, taking patient's medical histories and vital signs, and preparing them for medical procedures.
Medical assistants have a variety of duties depending on their work environment. They can also act help on the administrative side by answering phones and greeting patients.
Medical assistants are one of the fastest growing occupations in the country because medical assistants play an important role in managing the needs of medical practices and providers.
Medical Assistant Salaries In Houston
According to Glassdoor, the average medical assistant salary in Houston is $29 to $42K per year.
The medical assistant salary is typically dependent on the medical facility where the medical assistant works. A medical assistant can work at hospitals, clinics and doctors offices which can bring about different medical assistants' salaries.
1.) Medical Assistant Jobs In Houston Hospitals
Houston is the medical capitol of the world so it would make sense to look for medical assistant jobs in the Houston Medical Center.
As a medical assistant your role working in a hospital would be to provide administrative and medical assistance.
You would be helping with medical records, scheduling appointments or treatments, maintaining medical supplies inventory, filing insurance claims and more.
The specific hospitals in Houston that offer good opportunities for medical assistants are:
- Memorial Herman medical assistant jobs are available in medical records, medical administration and medical technology.
- Texas Children's Hospital is the largest children's hospital in the U.S. As a medical assistant you would be helping with medical records, scheduling appointments or treatments and more.
- Baylor Medical Center - Baylor offers medical
- Houston Methodist medical assistant jobs would be in medical records, medical administration and more.
- Baylor College of Medicine in Houston has jobs for medical assistants available. These positions are located in the fields of administration, healthcare records, and more.
- CHRISTUS Health medical assistant would have you working in closely with doctors, nurses, in the medical records department, medical technology and more.
- Houston VA medical assistant jobs would be ideal for you if you have a passion for supporting Houston veterans.
- UT Health Science jobs as a medical assistant would be in medical records, medical administration and medical technology.
- HCA Healthcare has positions for medical assistants where they would provide support to patients as well as the medical staff at HCA hospital.
2.) Houston Medical Assistant Jobs In Federally Qualified Health Centers
The medical assistant of a community health center provides medical care to patients. They are also responsible for medical administrative tasks, which are often used as a support system for the doctors and nurses who work in these Houston FQHCs.
Task that medical assistants help with in a community clinic include:
- Scheduling appointments
- Taking payments
- Updating medical records, medical charts and patient information
- Managing inventory and medical supplies such as dressing material, instruments and dressings
Houston community clinics that need medical assistants include:
- Legacy Community Health hires medical assistants to help with medical administrative tasks and other areas.
- Avenue 360 medical assistants provide medical care to patients and medical administrative tasks.
- Hope Clinic medical assistants provide medical care to patients with a focus on family medicine.
For more options, see our guide titled 15 Low Cost Houston Medical Clinics To Treat You If You Are Uninsured. This will provide you with a listing of other FQHCs that may be hiring medical assistants right now.
3.) Other Places To Find Medical Assistant Jobs In Houston
In addition to medical assistant jobs in hospitals and community clinics you should consider these other options.
- Harris Health System is a healthcare system helps the indigent populations in Houston. As a medical assistant you would could potentially work at Ben Taub, LBJ hospital, or one of their Gold Card clinics.
- Government medical assistant positions are sometimes available at the City of Houston Health Department and Harris County Public Health.
- Private Doctor's offices also hire medical assistants. If there is a medical clinic near you should consider calling them to see if they are hiring medical assistants.
- Job Board websites like Houston Healthcare Jobs offers many listings of medical assistant positions. Other options are Indeed and LinkedIn.
If you are looking for medical assistant jobs in Houston, there are options available.
There are medical assistant positions offered at hospitals and clinics that offer medical care to patients. There is work for medical assistants in private doctor's offices as well. If you have the qualifications and personal skills needed to be a great medical assistant, then consider contacting any of the agencies mentioned in this guide.