Although many aspects of life have been affected by the pandemic, the most significant change has been the possibility of working from home. It is no longer a dream for many employees, but it is becoming the norm.
A recent survey of corporate leaders revealed that 80% of companies intend to allow employees to work remotely at most, with 47% open to remote full-time work.
It was not easy to find legitimate remote jobs in the past. However, they are now more common. You can now work remotely to save time and be closer to your family.
This guide will give you 3 legitimate websites that allow you to search for work at home opportunities. You'll learn how to find remote jobs and where to search.
- What's a remote job?
- Opportunities to work from home
- You will need the following equipment to work at home
- The traits of a great remote worker
What is a Remote Job?
Remote jobs are work-from-home opportunities that exist outside the traditional workplace. As people search for job opportunities that are safe in the face of an ongoing pandemic, remote jobs are growing in popularity.
Remote jobs offer flexibility in terms of hours, location, and dress code. This arrangement is ideal for elderly parents or children to have a stable income and care for their vulnerable loved ones.
What Remote Jobs are Available?
Remote jobs are in high demand right now:
- Online tutor
- Customer service representative
- Sales jobs
- Data entry
- Translation of language
- Medical billing and coding
- Freelance writer
- Content Creator
- Call Center Agent
- Agent for Insurance
- Virtual Assistant
- Programming for computers
It may be easier to find remote jobs if you have previous experience in that industry. So start by learning what you know.
What Equipment is Required for Remote Jobs?
You will need the following equipment for many remote job opportunities that I have seen:
- A phone
- Laptop or computer
- Internet service
You may also need a copier, scanner, printer, and/or fax machine to do a work-from-home job.
What skills are needed to work from home?
Most skills required to work remotely are the same as for other professions.
- Customer service skills will be essential for remote jobs as you will need the ability to interact with customers and clients who call in.
- You must also be a self-starter, as there won't be anyone to monitor your progress.
- Communication is essential because you won't be communicating in person with people and will need to communicate your thoughts more clearly.
- Creativity is an essential trait for remote jobs. You will need to come up with new solutions and ideas to solve problems.
- You will also need to have analytical skills to work remotely. This is because you will be required to solve your own problems.
- Dependability is essential for any job, but it is even more so when you work remotely.
- Hiring managers are also attracted to trustworthy employees.
- It is important to be well organized. It will make you more productive if you have a designated area where you will work.
- Another important trait is previous experience working at home, or in any other position that does not require direct supervision.
3 Legit Websites To Find Remote Job Opportunities
Although there are many websites that offer remote work, you don't need to search them all. These are three websites that offer legitimate work-from-home opportunities.
FlexJobs - A Place To Find Legitimate Homework Jobs
FlexJobs offers remote job opportunities. This site lists all kinds of jobs, including customer service, data entry, and writing gigs.
FlexJobs.com charges a small fee for membership. However, this is justified. FlexJobs.com charges a reasonable fee to verify that employers are legitimate. This will ensure that you are protected from fraudsters and waste of time.
FlexJobs costs based on how long you have been a member.
- 75% off for 1 Week
- 1 Month - $15
- 3 Months - $30
- 1 Year - $50
FlexJobs is a well-known website that has been featured on USA Today, CNN Money and Wall Street Journal. It's why we recommend it to anyone looking for remote employment online.
Log on to Flexjobs.com to search for remote opportunities.
Indeed: Search for a Free Home Job on the Website
You can search for remote jobs without a membership by using a job search website such as Indeed.com.
This website aggregates job listings from all over the internet and displays them on their own website. It saves you time.
Simply type "remote job" in the search box to find remote work on Indeed.
You don't need to enter the name of the city you live in, as you work from home. It doesn't really matter where you live. If you're interested, you can also search for remote jobs within your city.
Indeed offers many other opportunities than remote jobs: they list full-time, part time, and freelance positions in various industries.
Indeed also offers salary estimates by city. This is useful for finding out how much a job might pay outside of your immediate area.
Log on to Indeed.com and start your search for remote jobs.
Workew: Interactive Remote Job Facebook Group To Connect With People Who Work From Home
Workew can help you get started in a remote career. You can connect to a remote job in three ways:
- Search the Workew job listings to find opportunities in customer service, sales, development, writing, and even crypto jobs.
- Post your resume to allow hiring managers access it based on keywords, skills, and job titles.
- Workew also has a Facebook group with 120,000 members that help you find remote work jobs, post opportunities, and answer questions about work-from-home opportunities. Their Facebook group is called Remote Jobs & Jobs for Digital Nomads.
It used to be much more difficult to find work-from-home jobs. In my day, clicking on a link about a Work From Home Opportunity on the internet often led to:
- At best disappointment
- Worse, your computer may be infected with a virus.
This is not true anymore, especially if your search leads you to the right place.
You have been waiting and hoping for the opportunity to work remotely. You don't like your job, are sick of driving, or need to care for family members, visit the following websites and apply today!