Behavioral Health Technician (NW HCA)
As a Behavioral Health Technician, you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PSA’s skills/training, the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
* You will provide patient observation through rounding, under the direction and supervision of the licensed nursing staff.
* You will gather data relevant to the patient's individual, age specific needs and disease process and relay information to licensed nursing staff.
* You will document appropriate and accurate data in the medical record.
* You will ensure a safe environment for the patient.
* You will participate in teaching the patient and family under the direction and supervision of licensed staff.
* You will answer the telephone and nurse call system, takes messages and directs calls as needed. Acts as a receptionist for unit patients and visitors.
What Qualifications you will need:
* Fits the HCA Healthcare culture; to provide the highest quality care to our patients.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 415+ bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston communities for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, Level III NICU, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology. We comprehensively serve our community by employing expert physicians, specialists, nurses and support staff who work together as a unified team to offer a range of diagnostic treatment and support services. From our 24-hour emergency department with Level II Trauma capabilities, to women’s services, to cardiology, we are dedicated to improving the health of our community by delivering exceptional, personalized healthcare. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Behavioral Health Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
HCA Healthcare Houston
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.