Medical Social Worker (MSW Required, LCSW Preferred)
Medical Social Workers are an important part of Oak Street Health Care Teams. High levels of flexibility, energy, attention to detail, and problem-solving are required to be successful. Medical Social Workers are expected to build relationships with Oak Street Health patients, manage patient’s care plans, perform proactive phone and in-person outreach to our patients based on their care needs, support Care Team decision-making, participate in weekly care team meetings, and generally coordinate all clinical and auxiliary services needed to provide a high-quality health care experience from Oak Street Health.
Oak Street Health takes a team-based approach to provide outstanding patient care. Our Care Teams build individual relationships across a panel of 500-800 patients. The Care Team is responsible for delivering excellent, high-touch, primary care, and coordinating the care of our patients throughout the healthcare delivery system.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced social workers with:
- A problem-solving orientation and a flexible and positive attitude
- Prior independent care management or case coordination experience
- Experience conducting home visits and providing telephonic support
- Enthusiasm for working with adults with disabilities, older adults, and adults with severe and persistent mental illness
- Experience working on a multidisciplinary team preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters in Social Work or Counseling required, LCSW strongly preferred
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- Proficient PC skills
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being relentlessly determined
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street Health?
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive, and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. With an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision, and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- Supportive and fun culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to learn more here: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion | Oak Street Health
A value-based network of 170+ primary care centers across the country exclusively for Medicare patients. Visit our website to learn more!