BROADBAND: Community Health Worker I, II, or III
This job is no longer accepting applications.
BROADBAND: Community Health Worker I, II, or III
Organization: H0010 HEALTH Research Institute
BROADBAND POSITION: Community Health Worker I, Community Health Worker II, or Community Health Worker III; applicant will be hired based on prior full time work experience as a Community Health Worker.
Provides guidance to lower level Community Health Workers (CHW's) on care coordination duties as well as conducting navigation and eligibility assistance for participants of various programs. Performs outreach, enrollment activities and health education initiatives. Helps move program efforts forward, across programs for the UH CHW initiative or affiliated projects.
- Organizes workload for lower level CHW regarding outreach and care coordination.
- Maintains case record documents and information in an automated system as it relates to CHW initiative programs.
- Ensures identification of needs with HCC participants and other programs.
- Provides information as needed to staff members regarding health needs or special cases in the community.
- Delivers health education classes.
- Assists other CHW's in helping families create goals and care plans of action to engage healthy behaviors.
- Identifies patient compliance barriers, still ensuring quality of care coordination delivery.
- Assists in developing, organizing and coordinating continuing education classes, training and opportunities for team members, CHWs and other professionals in the community.
- Facilitates the coordination of undergraduates, medical students or other interprofessional students inclusion in community activities.
- Prepares reports of tasks and activities and keeps complete records of outreach events, activities and contacts along with people reached. Provides updated inventory of health education materials and community resources in the area.
- Prepares, organizes and executes care coordination initiatives for team members.
- Assists with the implementation and on-going monitoring of care coordination delivery.
- Facilitates hub meetings for students, UH faculty and staff to identify high/low risk participants for outreach and care coordination.
- Maintains partnerships with community based organizations (local schools/ school districts or health and community non-profits or stakeholders in the CHW's community/neighborhood.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
This position will be housed in the Community Engagement Core that is executed by the NIH/NIMHD funded Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMI) U54: HEALTH Center for Addictions Research and Cancer Prevention (https://www.healthrcmi.com/). The RCMI is advancing strategies for addressing health disparities in undeserved communities by translating scientific breakthroughs into culturally-informed and community-centered dissemination and implementation strategies.
We are looking for an employee with a demonstrated record of (1) conducting outreach to inform programs in the community that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health, (2) facilitating the coordination of undergraduates or other inter-professional students inclusion in community activities, (3) dissemination of community education, such as, trainings and workshops, and (4) a commitment to health-equity science. A strong candidate would work well with a diverse team in the execution of research and community initiatives being supported by a national center in addictions and cancer prevention. Necessary qualifications for success in this position are the capacity to execute health education programs, meticulous attention to detail, the ability to multi-task between assignments (i.e. organizational skills), and excellent communication skills.
High school and 1 year experience..
Education: Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.Certification/Licensing: Texas State Community Health Worker Certification.
The following documents are required:
- A cover letter stating your: (a) interest in the position; (b) background building community partnerships and executing community-centered health programs; (c) interest in health equity science and activities; and (d) pertinent background / work-related experience.
- A document listing the names and contact information of three professional contacts who could provide letters of recommendation.
Notes to Applicant: Position is grant funded.
Salary: 17.26 - 22.01
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits
Job Posting: May 6, 2021, 1:10:33 PM
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Founded in 1927, the University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant city of Houston.