Care Coordinator - MCOT Rapid Response
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is looking for a Care Coordinator - MCOT Rapid Response to join our team. Under the general direction of the Program Director, Clinical Team Lead, or designated staff the Care Coordinator performs clinical activities such as independent assessments and service interventions as directed by identified consumer need(s). This position interfaces with Treatment Teams both inpatient and outpatient and authorizes the medical necessity of services, as indicated. This position is responsible for providing the following services: crisis intervention, safety planning, mental health assessments, post hospitalization follow-up, and liaison between the agency and the community. MCOT Rapid Response interfaces with other programs in the Agency, law enforcement, and the community.
What you will do:
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC is assigned to a MCOT Rapid Response crisis team. The crisis team is composed of a LPHA and CC providing community-based crisis assessments to determine needed level of care.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC provides crisis intervention to individuals to reduce symptoms, provide education and prevent admission to a more restrictive environment.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC will transport consumers to a psychiatric or medical hospital if a higher level of care is required.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC provides post hospitalization follow-up to provide consumers support in coordinating access to necessary mental health care and services.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC educates family members so they may understand the individual’s mental health symptoms, treatment and assist with referring to community resources.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC provides information on mental health, the importance of medications and treatment compliance, and other clinical related information to individual, family, community as needed.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC completes electronic documentation each work day as outlined in MCOT Operating Guidelines. This documentation becomes part of the medical record for the Agency.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC, when interacting with the community and colleagues, follows the key principles of a trauma informed approach (i.e. safety, trustworthiness and transparency, peer support, collaboration and mutuality, empowerment, voice and choice, cultural, historical, and gender issues).
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC performs related work as assigned and adapts to changing work requirements.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC demonstrates ethical conduct in all professional activities.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC complies with Agency policies and procedures and MCOT Operating Guidelines.
- The MCOT Rapid Response CC is available to provide any assistance not listed above to the Agency, Program Director, Clinical Team Lead, or staff as requested and required.
What qualifications you will need:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the human services field (psychology, sociology, etc.)
- Two years of experience working in the mental health field preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of principles of the development, implementation, and documentation of individual care and treatment for a wide range of psychiatric conditions.
- Must be familiar with local behavioral health providers and hospitals in the area served by the Agency.
- Must have basic understanding of mental illness and able to identify common signs and symptoms.
- Must have strong communication skills, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Written documentation must be clear, concise, and well-constructed.
- Must be able to work respectfully and maintain professional boundaries with other disciplines.
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to enter required documentation into a database and online medical record.
- Must be able to use basic word processing and data spreadsheets.
- Must have good written and spoken communication skills in English.
What we have to offer:
The HARRIS CENTER offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plans with company matching, prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual, outstanding wellness programs and professional development.
Employees can also take advantage of business casual dress code, corporate discounts, and gym memberships. New hire referral bonus, discounts are also available on an optional basis. These include mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities.
What else you should know:
Shift: Monday - Friday 12a.m. - 8a.m. 24 hour program, working overnight and weekends may be required.
This position will be located 2627 Caroline St. Houston, TX 77004.
The HARRIS CENTER is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The HARRIS CENTER provided care to over 79,000 people in fiscal year 2019 and has an annual budget of over $275 million.
As part of its mission to transform the lives of people with behavioral health and IDD needs in the third largest county in the United States, The HARRIS CENTER provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County. In addition, services are provided in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve what is one of the most diverse and multi-cultural communities in the nation.
By utilizing the unique expertise of its more than 2,300 employees, The HARRIS CENTER is committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
The HARRIS CENTER does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.