Member Outreach Specialist- Hybrid Houston
Our Member Outreach Team has the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. We help connect members with care providers, enroll them in clinical programs, and empower them to more easily navigate the healthcare system by understanding their plan benefits. We aim to treat every member as we would our own family.
As a Member Outreach Specialist, you will provide caring, accurate guidance in the complex world of health care, primarily via outbound and inbound calls. You will actively listen to members, see opportunity in the unexpected, respond appropriately, and create a caring atmosphere for our members.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting outreach via telephone and SMS to educate and inform members of available clinical programs or important screenings relevant to them (i.e. eye exams or cancer screenings)
- Conducting Outreach via telephone and SMS to both educate Members on Devoted Health’s Benefits and provide service recovery
- Scheduling medical appointments for members
- Developing a solid understanding of our benefit offerings in order to investigate and resolve member questions
- Documenting accurate information about member needs in our system
- Communicating frequently with team members and leadership; ensuring all follow up tasks are closed out
- Working hand-in-hand with other Devoted teams to address member needs
- Supporting the team with daily tasks
- Piloting new processes and workflows
- Providing inbound call support for Members who have questions about the Health Plan or Devoted Medical benefits
Attributes to success:
- Proven success in building relationships and trust
- A deep caring to make a change in the healthcare experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability & agility to multitask - you may be asked to do several things and need to change plans mid day
- You’re a great team player with a can do attitude
- Being adaptable to change: as we look to make things better - we will change things as we go and grow!
- Ability to influence and help people make healthy decisions
- Ability to work in ambiguity
- You are goal-oriented
Desired skills and experience:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer, patient-serving role
- Previous call center experience a plus
- Health insurance experience (Medicare Advantage a plus)
- Healthcare experience (scheduling, benefits and medical terminology a plus)
- Availability to work variable shifts to support the needs of our members across multiple time zones
- Extra interest in bilingual Spanish speakers or experience engaging across various cultures
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.