Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
The role of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist is a key part of Devoted’s Quality & Risk Adjustment strategy. This position helps to ensure the accuracy of diagnostic information and coding (ICD-10 CM) by performing medical chart reviews and educating providers and provider staff on documentation feedback to help ensure the documentation is painting the accurate clinical picture. The Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist will perform these duties in accordance with ICD-10 CM coding guidelines, internal coding protocols and CMS guidance. This role requires some domestic travel to meet with and educate providers and support staff in office locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform Medical Record reviews based on organizational priorities. These can include both concurrent Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) work flows as well as retrospective reviews.
- Create presentations and communicate with providers, provider staff and vendors regarding documentation trends and areas of opportunity regarding compliant coding practices.
- Encourage and guide providers and provider staff to use CDI resources such as one-pagers and Tip Sheets.
- Assist CDI Manager by making recommendations for process improvements to further enhance coding quality goals and outcomes.
- Handle other related duties as required or assigned, including provider education and training and working with vendor partners.
- Remain current on ICD-10-CM coding guidelines, AHA Coding Clinic Guidance and CMS Risk Adjustment guidance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years as an outpatient CDI or 5+ years in risk adjustment coding/auditing
- CPC or CRC certification through AAPC or CDI or CCS certification through AHIMA
- Prior CPT coding or clinical experience is a plus
Competencies and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
Healthcare equality is at the center of Devoted’s mission to treat our members like family. We are committed to a diverse and vibrant workforce. If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.