Administrative Assistant - Fac Mgt-PC&PF-Admin Office
Perform complex administrative and secretarial duties requiring judgment within general guidelines. Impact department efficiency and productivity and support the Director.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Administrative Support Coordinates meetings and department-wide event scheduling and provides administrative support for the Assistant Director of Operations & Maintenance. This includes scheduling attendees, handling meeting location details, preparing meeting materials/agendas, scheduling catering, producing flyers/invitations/PowerPoint presentations and taking/preparing meeting minutes. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, working effectively with a wide variety of professionals, administrators, management staff, employees and vendors. Ensures accuracy of calendar with special detail to double bookings, meeting cancellations and time allowance between meetings.
• Composes formal and informal correspondence and demonstrates proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.) for the purposes of presentation support, spreadsheet manipulation, document creation, etc. Must demonstrate the ability to use proper grammar and spelling while composing and proofreading documents/materials. Responsible for updating bulletin boards, creating monthly flyers, newsletters, and for viewing and distribution to the department.
• Maintains departmental records, filing systems and coordinates records management for the department.
• Assist in the Hurricane Ride out/Recovery of all SharePoint communication through the department and/or the division.
• Responsible for keeping portions of the departmental SharePoint site up to date along with other departmental communications. This may include developing and editing document libraries and departmental pages and sites.
• Collects and processes Rotary House International surveys on a weekly basis
• Develops and facilitates training sessions on policies, procedures and systems as required.
• Assists with the creation, processing, and closing of work orders.
• Acts as back-up for Sr. Administrative Assistant and other Administrative Assistants
• Process badge and access requests
• Maintains list of key contacts, properties, vendors, etc.
HR Functions Demonstrates full understanding and application of Kronos and peoplesoft Time Off calendar. Tracks unit time and attendance for conformity to applicable policies. Ensures timely completion of weekly Kronos sign offs & payroll Acts as liaison between myHR, payroll and the staff. Researches and makes corrections as needed for payroll issues.
•Enter position data into Brassring system and assists in the recruitment process. Sets up interviews with candidates, assists with preparing interview question matrix, calculates the interview scores and maintains the records from the interviews. Coordinates the recruitment and approval of timesheets for temporary and/or contingent personnel as needed.
•Assists the Assistant Director and Director with human resources activities for the department. This includes ensuring institutional, divisional and departmental policies and procedures are maintained, developed, adhered to, and disseminated to all staff. Responsible for keeping organizational charts and employee phone lists up to date on the portal and preparing and submitting JDUF requests for personnel actions and disciplinary action paperwork. Responsible for Maintaining confidential personnel, training, and/or general office files.
•Coordinates the FM365 onboarding activities with new employees as needed. This includes scheduling new employees to meet with the Director between days 120 and 180, obtaining all mandatory paperwork from the supervisor/manager of new employees, issuing and maintaining records of uniforms and PPE; sends reminders to new employees to register for the FM365 classroom sessions and any other items required by new employees.
•Tracks mandatory training for the department and assists the directors/managers with assuring all performance evaluations are completed on time.
•Interprets institutional policies, regulations, and procedures thoroughly for employees.
Financial/Purchasing/Reconciliation/Reporting Orders office supplies, print products, office keys, pagers, long distance codes, etc. Assures that expenses are within budgetary guidelines and notifies the manager/director of any possible discrepancies.
•Responsible for education requests, membership dues, travel requests, planning, arrangements and reimbursement. Assures that all educations requests are approved by the manager/director and submitted through Performance Programs and that all travel is approved by the director and the FM Finance Office prior to processing.
Onsite Presence: Is Required 2 days onsite/remote 3 days. Schedule may change on an occasion to support immediate business needs.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Four years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources.
Is Required 2 days onsite/remote 3 days. Schedule may change on an occasion to support immediate business needs.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 150105
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Day/Evening
- Fund Type: Hard
- Work Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 37,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 46,600
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 56,000
- Science Jobs: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.