Healthcare Call Center Agent / Representative
At VillageMD, we are looking for a Patient Services Representative for our call center to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we have partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We are equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We are creating care that is more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we are looking for individuals who share our sense of premier service excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
In this role you will offer inbound and outbound phone support using telephony and EMR system(s). The ideal candidate has experience in a contact center environment and can understand the needs of others to meet those needs with great service and operational processing accuracy. Knowledge of the healthcare industry including clinical terminology, insurance, medical billing processes, and EMR/HIN systems preferred but not required. The ability to have premier service interactions with patients is critical to success in this role, in addition to processing with operational accuracy and excellence.
How you can make a difference
- Answer all phone calls in a patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative manner
- Consistently process requests with the absolute highest degree of operational accuracy
- Deliver on a commitment to solve problems with patience and understanding, providing knowledgeable and thoughtful service to exceed expectations
- Schedule appointments and demonstrate active listening to identify and analyze client problems, providing information and solutions in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively, including appointment details, insurance information, and medical questions via telephone, email, and chat
- Ensure that all barriers to care (such as language, transportation restrictions, or financial needs) are addressed
- Collect and update new patient’s demographic and insurance information
- Provide clear, thorough, and accurate documentation of all interactions with patients, and other individuals on behalf of patients, in the patient’s electronic health records
- Follow organizational guidelines regarding the use of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in compliance with HIPAA and patient confidentiality standards
- Maintain access to the Health Information Exchange (HIN) and other related systems
- Use HIN and other related systems to gather information needed to coordinate care and keep patients’ electronic health records up to date with the status of care that is being coordinated
- Maintain surveillance ticklers and/or works with Health Information Technology to proactively identify the need for patient care
- Navigate patient to care, as assigned
Skills for success
- A “people-first” attitude and premier customer service DNA
- A genuine excitement to help patients and process with operational excellence
- A problem solver who can confidently troubleshoot and investigate to answer questions or resolve complaints
- Confident with system processing and an attention to detail making updates
- Communication: speaks clearly, listens and gains clarification when needed, and responds well to questions
- Adaptability: handles frequent or unexpected changes with a positive attitude
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
- Ability to put yourself in patients’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated record of accomplishment of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: able to navigate within ambiguity; solution-oriented communication; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth call center
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Skilled in basic computer operations and EMR
- Service center excellence
- Experience in the medical or health insurance field preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus, and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Positioning Primary Care for Success