Health Engagement Consultant
Engagement Consultant is responsible for driving consistent wellness program development, guidelines, and delivery to Cigna Select & Middle Market Buyer Group Clients. In working with Cigna Clients with diverse employee populations, this role identifies the right wellness program mix and the program setting to educate, engage and activate employees to achieve health improvement goals. In partnership with the account management team, Engagement Consultant recommends the appropriate delivery and coordination of wellness programs, customer education initiatives, and monitors effectiveness of the programs. A core objective of this position is to facilitate wellness initiatives that educate and influence employees at the worksite to lead healthy lifestyles. This role strives to enhance employee consumerism and achieve customer-centric, utilization goals.
Responsible for consulting with employers and brokers in the development of strategic health engagement plans, spearheading customer engagement initiatives, coordinating awareness and education activities and educating customers on being a better consumers of healthcare. Engagement Consultant also presents benefit plan design to our customers at annual open enrollment meetings.
This position is responsible for supporting client wellness objectives and managing the communication and execution of these initiatives/tactics to ensure successful implementation and desired results.
Engagement Consultant will research and respond to Cigna health information and wellness plan inquiries and proactively communication of all changes, problems, and issues that may occur. May act as a liaison between wellness team and billing department, marketing department, outside customers, and vendors. Will apply standard techniques and procedures to routine instructions that require professional knowledge in specialist areas and provide standard professional advice and creation of initial reports/analysis for review.
- Assess client’s employee health challenges and objectives, helping to design a strategic multi-year wellness program that is customized to their workforce, goals and budget. The assessment will utilize health assessment data, organizational assessment data and in addition to factor in claim/utilization data, employee survey data, or other data as appropriate.
- Consult with client to convey the importance of the right framework for an effective wellness program, i.e., leadership support, a wellness committee, appropriate incentive structure, and supporting organizational policies related to wellness
- Coordinate with sales partners to identify opportunities for product penetration of existing accounts, potential sales of ancillary products and strategies to maximize membership
- Provide ongoing analysis and evaluation of client communication/health/wellness strategies to determine effectiveness, penetration, and impact to client’s total claims and utilization, biometric data, and employee engagement
- Manage assigned book of business; in addition, manage client wellness fund that is provided by Cigna (if applicable). This may include arranging reimbursement to client and payments to vendors for qualified expenses as needed.
- Execute presentations to clients or brokers to describe and respond to questions about Cigna’s health and wellness offerings, approach, and results. May participate in finalist presentations to provide insight on Cigna's health and wellness capabilities.
- Responsible for presenting Cigna employee benefits for all new and renewing groups on an annual basis. Coordinates and deliver client and customer education sessions and benefit education meetings.
- Refer, or delegate questions, issues, and problems to appropriate Cigna resources on a wide range of products as they relate to the assigned book of business
- Provide active support to Sales growth and persistency targets at market level
Residence within driving distance of Houston TX: Ability to obtain Health & Life Insurance license - candidate may achieve license within one year post-hire
- 2 or more years preferred experience in client facing, corporate health promotion program design
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail and proven ability to manage set timelines
- Ability to foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Proven ability to function in a heavily matrixed environment
- Possess knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to present in group setting with technology platforms (Cisco Web Ex, WebEx Meeting applications)
- Must be willing to travel to local and remote clients/customers and trainings/meetings as needed (30-35%); overnight travel may be required; markets may vary
- Able to commute to local Cigna office
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Community that highlights what Cigna is doing around the globe to help improve the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve.