Regional Sales Director, Supplemental Health Solutions
The RSD role is a field-based Supplemental Health sales role that partners with the Cigna field sales and account management teams in driving product growth. These resources are aligned by geography and drive all supplemental health opportunities for Cigna sales offices. Key areas of expertise include:
- Product solutions: Accidental Injury (AI)/Critical Illness (CI)/Hospital Indemnity (HI) and corresponding pricing/UW strategies
- Enrollment solutions: Internal capabilities and external options
- Administrative solutions: Billing and claim processes
The RSD role is responsible for proactive and consultative outreach into the local markets to increase the institutional knowledge of Cigna's Supplemental Health solutions. The RSD is also responsible for relationship management with other external supplemental health sales experts.
More specifically, the RSD role will:
- Drive Market Level Distribution Strategy. The RSD will partner with the market leadership team to develop and execute a strategy to grow Accidental Injury (AI), Critical Illness (CI), and Hospital Indemnity (HI) product sales within their geography. The strategy will focus on clients over 100 lives and take into consideration broker relationships, growth strategies, competitive intel, local trends, and core product strategies. Product specific sales reports, forecasts, and updates may be a part of this strategy. Attending finalist meetings, negotiating with underwriting, conducting seminars, etc. may also be a part of any particular market level strategy.
- Collaboration with matrix partners. The RSD will be a resource liaison for operations. They will participate in internal calls so operations can better understand sales’ needs. Each RSD will share specific market feedback so underwriting, pricing, and enrollment can better understand market conditions. This partnership will help facilitate a best practices approach where sales and each matrix partner better understand each other.
- Goal Attainment: The RSD will be held accountable for their assigned supplemental health sales goal.
The RSD role is eligible for incentive compensation. Specific details will be addressed in an annual compensation plan. Components may differ year to year to include any or all of the following:
- Achievement of sales goals
- Meeting internal expectations
- Effective territory management
- Executing market level strategies
- Meaningful collaboration with matrix partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience desired
- Industry experience required
- History of consistently delivering business results
- Ability to work effectively in dynamic, rapidly changing, team-based environment
- Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Ability to foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, executive presence
- Proven ability to lead in a heavily matrixed environment
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Community that highlights what Cigna is doing around the globe to help improve the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve.