Supplemental Laboratory Technician
Position is responsible for performing and overseeing various laboratory procedures/processes as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or GED, preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year clinical work experience or graduate of an approved medical trade school program
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs daily lab operations including sample processing, result reporting/distribution, personnel direction (as appropriate), and clerical duties as required to maintain efficient work flow, at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/population served, communicating special circumstances to appropriate personnel.
- Performs at least 50% of time in other job functions such as supply chain management, project management, and providing direction and oversight of others within assigned area.
- Interacts with hospital personnel, volunteers, physicians and patients as to specimens and orders coming into the Laboratory Services and with sensitivity to their needs.
- Complies with policies, procedures, and initiatives of laboratory services, the hospital, and system; understands, communicates and complies with standards and conditions set forth by various governmental and accrediting agencies including TJC, CAP, AABB, CMS, HCFA and CLIA.
- Performs duties in a manner to promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction, while promoting safety, cost efficiently and a commitment to the PI process.
- Gains/maintains functional knowledge of system computers as required by job assignment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
More than a century of patient-centered care. At Memorial Hermann, we are all about advancing health. Yours.