Scheduling Specialist I
Baylor College of Medicine's Patient Business Services department is seeking a part-time Scheduling Specialist I. The Scheduling Specialist I is responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments in an efficient and timely manner. The candidate will also route calls to the appropriate staff member.
This position is located in Greenway Plaza.
• Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
• Registers patients in Epic system.
• Verifies insurance of new and returning patients.
• Greets patients in clinic and answers questions.
• Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
• Answers telephone and routes patient calls.
• Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
• Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
• Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients.
• Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
• Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Referral Center experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.