Medical Transcriptionist II
The Medical Transcriptionist II Interprets and transcribes dictation regarding patient assessment, diagnosis, and prognosis in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of health care services. The candidate must maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
- Transcribes, checks spelling and data entry, and proofreads dictation and other correspondence on computer from voice recordings.
- Clarifies dictation that is unclear or incomplete, seeking assistance as necessary, and flags reports requiring attention.
- Consistently verifies patient identification, information, and other vital information for accuracy and completeness and formats reports according to established guidelines.
- Uses reference materials appropriately and efficiently to facilitate the accuracy, clarity, and completeness of reports.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Accredited Records Technician (ART) or Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.