Administrative Assistant - Part-Time (PT30)
Houston Health seeks a highly organized and detail oriented individual who has the ability to perform professional administrative functions related to the development and implementation of policies and procedures. The responsibilities for this position are as follow:
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FROM: All Persons Interested
Division: Disease Prevention & Control
Section: Bureau of HIV/STD & Viral Hepatitis Prevention
Reporting Location: 8000 North Stadium Drive
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – Friday *
*Subject to ChangeESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, local and out-of-town travel, conferences, and department activities for the HIV/STD Deputy Assistant Director.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls; Sorts and distributes mail; Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring request for information for the HIV/STD Deputy Assistant Director.
- Works independently and within a team on special and ongoing projects. Take the lead when asked on special projects and at the request of the HIV/STD Deputy Assistant Director which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating, and getting involved on Bureau specific HIV related projects.
- Types and creates general correspondences, memos, excel spreadsheets, etc. Proofreads written correspondences for spelling, grammar, layout and make appropriate changes if applicable. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Performs basic research and gather necessary information on bureau operation activities as required by the HIV/STD Deputy Assistant Director.
- Work with key stakeholders of the department and/or community stakeholders on behalf of the HIV/STD Deputy Assistant Director; schedule interviews, meetings, provide logistical/general support if needed. Act as point of contact for internal and/or external customers. Stay abreast and updated on departmental policies that directly impact program operations, etc.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, or a related field.
One (1) year of administrative experience is required.
Professional administrative experience may be substituted for the above education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
Exceptional organizational skills, strong ability to prioritize tasks and duties, possess critical thinking skills with the ability to multi-task, excellent written and oral communication skills, Great interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and work with all facets of the organization. Also, proven experience with Micro-Soft Office products, excel, etc.
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Application review and/or interview. However, the Department may administer a skill assessment evaluation.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Pay Grade 17
GRANT FUND POSITION
Grants & Special funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4632.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832-393-4632). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".