Business Office Coordinator(Remote) - CCBHC Expansion, Houston
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is looking for a Business Office Coordinator to join our team. Under the direction of designated supervisor, the Business Office Coordinator ensures that business office functions get completed, including but not limited to front desk functions, check-in and check-out of clients, compiles and verifies demographic and financial data, authorizations are obtained, tracked and entered efficiently and effectively, creates, maintains and monitors schedules and templates for clinical staff ensuring adherence to established scheduler protocols. Maintains communication with all site staff regarding front desk operations, financial/authorization status, and schedule changes. Receives information from clinicians, consumers, and supervisors relevant to updating appointments. Serves as liaison for communication with clinic staff and consumer concerning changes in appointment scheduled. Works independently and must demonstrate good judgment, organizational skills, and adaptability to fast-paced environment while providing excellent customer service for clients and staff.
- What you will do:
- Ensures accurate process of check in and check out of patients according to departmental/organizational procedures.
- Ensures completion of all data, forms and documentation according to departmental/organizational procedures.
- Completes, verifies and enters data for all service and verifies eligibility documentation required for initial and ongoing services.
- Collects, tracks, and monitors data related to demographic, financial, and billing information.
- Communicates financial eligibility and other pertinent information to unit/management as needed.
- Schedules all appointments for consumers per organizational/departmental procedures.
- Notifies management or designee of any on-going problems or noted areas of concern with services billed, demographic information, check-in and checkout, or schedules.
- Creates and maintains scheduler templates consistent with scheduling protocol in the agency’s system.
- Reviews, builds and corrects templates/schedules and notifies consumer and clinician with pertinent information per department procedure.
- Makes adjustments to staff schedules relating to PTO and/or other administrative leave.
- Monitors appointment slot availability, no-shows and cancellations for all staff.
- Completes and sends accurate reports as assigned within specified time frames.
- Works with others in a collaborative manner. Actively participates as a member of the team.
- Attend required Agency meetings and trainings.
- Maintains professional behavior and provide excellent customer service to both staff and clients. Demonstrate ethical conduct, professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Adapts to changing working requirements in a fast pace environment. Flexible to meet ongoing needs of the Agency.
- Complies with agency policies and procedures accrediting/regulatory bodies and performance contract documentation requirements.
- Contacts no shows to follow up.
- What qualifications you will need:
- Must have valid Texas Driver’s License and be insurable under the Agency policy.
- High School Diploma or General Education diploma
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in revenue management setting and/or healthcare environment. Previous customer service related experience preferred.
- The person must have well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills and be a team player with a desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality of all work-related matters with the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully within all levels of the agency.
- Must have strong computer skills including use and maintenance of electronic mail, and excel.
- Proficient with keyboarding skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills and organization of data.
- What we have to offer:
- The HARRIS CENTER offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plans with company matching, prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual, outstanding wellness programs and professional development.
- Employees can also take advantage of business casual dress code, corporate discounts, and gym memberships. New hire referral bonus, discounts are also available on an optional basis. These include mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities.
- What else you should know:
- #85026 #85027 #85028 #85030
- This position is a remote position.
- About us:
- The HARRIS CENTER is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The HARRIS CENTER provided care to over 79,000 people in fiscal year 2019 and has an annual budget of over $275 million.
- As part of its mission to transform the lives of people with behavioral health and IDD needs in the third largest county in the United States, The HARRIS CENTER provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County. In addition, services are provided in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve what is one of the most diverse and multi-cultural communities in the nation.
- By utilizing the unique expertise of its more than 2,300 employees, The HARRIS CENTER is committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
- Additional Information
- Shift Schedule:
- Pay Type:
- Requisition ID:
Your application has been successfully submitted.