AOT Coordinator, Houston
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD (“The HARRIS CENTER”) is looking for a Assisted Outpatient Treatment Coordinator to join our team. Under the general direction of the practice manager or designated supervisor, this position is responsible for clinical assessments and development of recovery plans for individuals who have been ordered into treatment by the courts. This person works in collaboration with the treatment team to deliver provision of services based on certain defined criteria, Trauma Informed and Patient Centered Model requirements, consumer need, and performance contract requirements. Coordinates, links, and monitors appropriate services and consumer progress with meeting recovery goals. Delivers interventions such as skills training, psychosocial rehabilitative services, case management, and medication training, monitoring and supports.
- What you will do:
- Performs clinical assessments to determine service needs and progress with consumer treatment goals.
- Participates in formulation of the consumer recovery plans and assures recovery plan is written and authorized with an LPHA signature for consumers on caseload.
- Ensures all services provided meet eligibility criteria and are authorized in accordance with agency and regulatory guidelines.
- Provides skills training and psychosocial rehabilitation services that address the severe and persistent mental illness and symptom related problems that interfere with the individual’s functioning.
- Provides interventions in response to crisis to reduce symptoms and avoid admission to a more restrictive environment.
- Performs activities to assist consumers in gaining and coordinating access to necessary care and services based on individual needs.
- Provides training and education on the nature of mental illness, the importance of medications, and other medication related information as outlined in The Harris Center curricula.
- Monitors consumer progress with treatment goals.
- Monitors current compliance with eligibility requirements for ongoing treatment (CANS / ANSA, financial assessment, current diagnosis) using the monthly SAI report and other available information.
- Meets divisional productivity standards as outlined in the mental health division’s operational guidelines.
- Performs related work as assigned. Adapts to changing work requirements.
- Demonstrates ethical conduct in all clinical and professional activities
- Complies with agency policies and procedures accrediting/regulatory bodies and performance contract documentation requirements.
- Medication Delivery Training.
- Attends and participates in team meetings with the clinical team.
- What qualifications you will need:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in the Human Services field (psychology, sociology, etc.)
- Prefer minimum of 1 year of experience working in the field of mental health.
- Basic understanding of mental illness, common signs and symptoms and able to identify difficulties with coping in community settings.
- Strong communication skills, listening and interpersonal skills above average, written documentation is clear, concise, well- constructed and grammatically correct.
- Able to work collaboratively with others in a teamwork environment.
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Able to execute standard word processing software on the computer.
- What we have to offer:
- The HARRIS CENTER offers competitive salary, excellent benefits package, retirement plans with company matching, prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual, outstanding wellness programs and professional development.
- Employees can also take advantage of business casual dress code, corporate discounts, and gym memberships. New hire referral bonus, discounts are also available on an optional basis. These include mobile phone service, fitness centers and other wellness amenities.
- What else you should know:
- #99161 #99158
- This position is located at 3737 Dacoma St. Houston, TX 77092.
- May be necessary to travel to or transport consumers to homes or other field locations when providing services.
- About us:
- The HARRIS CENTER is the state-designated Local Mental Health Authority and Local Intellectual and Developmental Disability (IDD) Authority serving Harris County, Texas. As the largest behavioral and developmental disability care center in Texas, The HARRIS CENTER provided care to over 79,000 people in fiscal year 2019 and has an annual budget of over $275 million.
- As part of its mission to transform the lives of people with behavioral health and IDD needs in the third largest county in the United States, The HARRIS CENTER provides a full continuum of services at 86 different sites across Harris County. In addition, services are provided in more than 42 different languages as well as sign language in order to better serve what is one of the most diverse and multi-cultural communities in the nation.
- By utilizing the unique expertise of its more than 2,300 employees, The HARRIS CENTER is committed to meeting the behavioral health and IDD needs of Harris County residents and giving them hope to live to their fullest potential.
- Additional Information
- Shift Schedule:
- Pay Type:
- Requisition ID:
Your application has been successfully submitted.