Scheduling Specialist I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Scheduling Specialist I position is a clinical support role that is required to answer patients calls averaging 5,900 a month, including 6,900 med sched email messages, 500 My Chart messages, and an average of 3,000 reschedule patients averaging 30 to 120 days out. This position is based in Greenway Plaza.
- Answers calls and schedules patients appointments.
- Books, coordinates, and reschedules patient appointments.
- Registers patients in Epic system.
- Verifies insurance of new and returning patients.
- Greets patients in clinic and answers questions.
- Schedules surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
- Answers telephone and routes patient calls.
- Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly, and appointments are confirmed.
- Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, meetings, etc.
- Assembles patient charts for next day visits; updates profiles on patients.
- Interviews new patients via telephone prior to scheduling appointment.
- Calls patients to remind them of their appointments.
- Manages internal scheduling request which average over 6,000 a month, bump list (rescheduled appointment physician driven average 3,000 30 to 120 days).
- High school diploma or GED.
- No experience required.
- Customer service experience.
- Call center experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.