Home Delivery Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Home Delivery Specialist works with the Home Delivery Manager to improve the home delivery experience for both delivery recipients and volunteers with the highest level of professionalism and customer service. The Home Delivery Specialist will assist in the execution of the home delivery strategy by developing training, processes, procedures based on program feedback. This position will also coordinate with the volunteer services department to ensure a high-quality volunteer experience with the home delivery program. In addition, this position will roll out maintenance of new technology systems to support the programs and partners of home delivery services by collecting and synthesizing data to maintain program compliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Adhere to PACT values. (Purpose: Using our strengths passionately to contribute to our mission. Accountability: Choosing to rise above one’s circumstances and showing ownership to achieve results. See It. Own It. Solve It. Do It. Courage: Standing up for what’s right and acting. Transparency: Doing things openly and honestly.)
- Reliable, consistent, on-site attendance is a requirement. This position requires punctuality and dependable attendance to meet the needs of the business, including attending and taking part in meetings and presentations
- Assisting with growing and developing the home delivery program by working closely with the outreach services, programs, partner services, and volunteer services departments under the guidance of the Home Delivery Manager
- Set-up computer and phone to assist in developing home delivery training, processes, and procedures
- Designing surveys for program feedback and improvements
- Assist with training and coordination of the volunteer food pickup process
- Direct and advise clients and volunteers when needed, verifying the delivery schedule with management
- Provide quality customer service and following-up with clients and volunteers as needed
- Safe-keeping and proper maintenance of the computer equipment and the client information gathered
- Daily/weekly check-ins with the manager at designated times to report work progress
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (Yes/No):
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in English, Communications, Social Work, Business, Humanities, Marketing, or a related field preferred
- Administrative experience is a plus
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to communicate complex and simple information clearly
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite, MS Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to file copy and organize
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well with other departments and staff
- Ability to operate a computer, copier, and other business equipment
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with HFB policies.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. (For best performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to show the right knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Nimble Learning
- Being Resilient
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
*Is legally able to work in the United States.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and essential job functions needed for this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, working conditions, qualifications, and skills that may be needed.
Houston Food Bank (HFB) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. HFB is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.