Americorps VISTA Volunteer & Community Outreach Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Eager to serve the community and get health resources to underserved populations? The mission of San José Clinic is to provide healing through quality healthcare and education with respect and compassion for those with limited access to care. The Americorps VISTA will serve a crucial need of building capacity through volunteer recruitment and engagement as well as patient outreach. The VISTA will have the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary clinic setting and work with a variety of stakeholders; volunteers, staff, patients, and partners.
Responsible for supporting staff in building volunteer capacity to support the mission of San José Clinic and make the public more aware of our services through community outreach. VISTA will be trained on basic duties and responsibilities with regard to volunteer management and outreach projects. The VISTA will participate in AmeriCorps professional development opportunities and bi-monthly group calls provided through the Texas Association of Charitable Clinics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILILTIES:
- Pull weekly reports from the volunteer application system
- Communicate with assigned volunteer prospects about next steps
- Create materials as needed for volunteer recruiting & outreach
- Assist with volunteer recruiting & on boarding process
- Research & document recruiting opportunities in the community and through social media
- Create a list of current and existing partnerships utilizing a variety of sources
- Identify & document opportunities for additional partnerships and outreach
- Track volunteer hours and attendance using volunteer management system
- Assist with Partnership maintenance and building
- Assist in Volunteer engagement & appreciation
- Identify Patient Outreach opportunities in the community
- Assist Outreach team as needed with patient outreach initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective customer relation skills, working with diverse populations, often in stressful fast paced environments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Able to deal professionally, courteously and efficiently with a diverse set of constituents in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Treat staff, volunteers, and patients with respect at all times
- Bilingual in English/Spanish recommended
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and stoop for (long) periods of time
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally/ frequently
- Ability to respond to emergency/crisis situations
- Exposure to noise
- Access to Reliable transportation
Living Allowance, Additional benefits through AmeriCorps can be found here: https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista/benefits
Please note - this is not a typical volunteer opportunity. The Americorps VISTA program is a 12 month service commitment. If you are interested and want to be considered for this opportunity please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should read "AMERICORPS VISTA OPPORTUNITY".
The time frame for onboarding is TBD: Spring/Early Summer 2022.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Providing comprehensive, affordable healthcare for Houston's uninsured since 1922.