Compensation Consultant - Sign-On Bonus Available - Hybrid (Must Live in Greater Houston)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Compensation Consultant is accountable for performing compensation project work, including job evaluation, work design, compensation administration and program and policy development, market analysis projects, pay plan maintenance, salary survey submissions; and analysis and data preparation to support incentive plan administration
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
- Serves as a liaison to Hospital Management and HR staff regarding compensation programs, policies, procedures and related issues.
- Partner with Information Technology to ensure accuracy of bonus programs and related ongoing compensation based programs.
SERVICE - 30%
- Analyze market data and makes salary range recommendations and corresponding equity adjustment recommendations.
- Participate in and/or leads special projects pertaining to position evaluation, position descriptions, market analysis, organizational design and related compensation areas.
- Assign job codes and maintains job code driven information and salary range structures on electronic job/employee data tables.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
- Participates in compensation salary survey submissions.
- Evaluates jobs based on both job content and local market data for placement within HM salary structures.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job and reports safety issues as they arise.
FINANCE - 10%
- Maximize return on investment as it relates to compensation salary survey use, and market recommendations.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 15%
- Develop compensation recommendations for clients that adhere to DOL regulations, support Operational needs, and fiscal limits of HM.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's Degree Required. Preferably in Business or HR Management.
Two to five years of progressively more responsible human resources experience, preferably within compensation.
Experience with Excel or similar spreadsheet systems required.
Must have had experience with data extraction, analysis and presentation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of spreadsheet development, review and analytics. Possess critical thinking skills to interpret, audit and review market pricing data.
Must be able to quickly learn new HR software systems such as PeopleSoft and MarketPay. Must be results oriented and highly organized.
Must be team orientated and have well-developed customer service skills.
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services’ consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRACTICING MEDICINE AND LEADING IT.