Community Network Patient Liaison- Baytown
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Houston Methodist, the Community Network Patient Liaison position is responsible for identifying indigent patients eligible for the Houston Methodist Network of Care Program and facilitating medical home access. This position is responsible for screening patients for eligibility, rounding on patients while inpatient, determining the appropriate medical home for the patients and addressing the social determinant(s) of health that may serve as barriers to health care access, if applicable.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 40%
- Identifies indigent patients in need of medical home and provides referral support services to those eligible for Houston Methodist Network of Care Program. (EF)
- Oversees and coordinates the entire patient experience at hospital from inpatient stay to point of exit. (EF)
SERVICE - 40%
- Communicates Network of Care and Faith Health Initiative resources to eligible patients while complying with Houston Methodist patient experience service standards. (EF)
- Coordinates inpatient activities for indigent patients to establish with medical homes including, but not limited to, giving appropriate and timely follow up, coordinating with Network of Care Program scheduler, securing medical records as needed, assisting with scheduling clinical appointments, program orientation and assisting with medical home selection and education. (EF)
- Serves as a collaborator between Community Benefits, Spiritual Care and Case Management at designated hospital to provide appropriate care resources to eligible patients. (EF)
- Coordinates meetings and communicates with manager as appropriate. (EF)
- Explains policies, procedures or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge when appropriate and delivers culturally competent care and appropriate services to all managed patients. (EF)
- Coordinates care for patients until arrival of the initial primary care appointment at medical home including, but not limited to, appointment reminders, transportation arrangement, presciption assistance and financial assistance. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10%
- Provides appropriate and accurate documentation/tracking system for each patient. (EF)
- Maintains knowledge of community services and resources available to patients. (EF)
FINANCE - 5%
- Documents all pertinent patient information for tracking/reporting purposes in Epic Network of Care platform. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 5%
- Promotes the importance of medical homes with Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) partners. (EF)
- Leads special projects and committees as assigned. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, health care or related field
o Three years of related experience, healthcare preferred
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Advanced proficiency in oral and written English and at least one foreign language, Spanish preferred
o Thorough understanding of health care insurance options and knowledge of protocol related to each
o Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital operations preferred
o Effective interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, and a flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a dynamic setting
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional Yes
Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within No
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of eight hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes an academic institute, a comprehensive residency program, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free-standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 25,000 employees. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.
In 2019 Houston Methodist and its physicians treated more than 6,333 international patients from more than 76 countries. Houston Methodist Global Health Care Services’ consulting and education divisions also provide advisory services and training and development to health care organizations around the world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRACTICING MEDICINE AND LEADING IT.