This job is no longer accepting applications.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is a 423-bed acute care hospital that has been serving the north Houston community for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, neonatal intensive care, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology.
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
Houston Northwest Medical Center is currently accepting applications for Unit Secretary – Medical ICU
Things you will do in this role:
- Provides clerical support in a safe manner to a specific patient care unit, utilizing technical skills, under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- The Unit Secretary supports the medical care of patients under the direction of the Medical Staff and a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse pursuant to the mission and objectives of the hospital.
- The Unit Secretary will appropriately communicate with physicians, co-workers, volunteers, other hospital departments, and patient family members.
- The Unit Secretary must be able to assess his/her own learning needs to enhance personal and professional development.
- The Unit Secretary will increase knowledge and skills related to patient care by attending workshops, formal classes, seminars and in services.
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
Qualifications you will need:
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- High School graduation or GED, preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English
- Prefer at least 6 month experience as a unit secretary but will consider new graduates
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.