Community Health Services Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Community Health Services Program Manager!
The right candidate will be responsible for the oversight and management of all components of the Public Health Nurses, Community Health Workers, and HIV Prevention staff. Assigns schedules and reviews work of personnel and staff, as required. Assures appropriate staff development, including activities related to achieving grant and quality outcomes and professional growth Prepares reports and correspondence, including statistical analysis of CHS activities. Oversees community outreach services and activities and is responsible to produce evidence-based community health outcomes.
We can offer you:
- Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
- Team-oriented environment
- Salary Rate: $75,100
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Current RN licensure by the Texas Board of Nursing
- 3 + years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s level degree of nursing required
- Preferred: Work experience in a public health clinic/program
- 2+ years of supervisory/program management experience
- Current CPR Certification
- Excellent presentation skills and/or training background and/or experience and understanding of adult learning principles
- Must be familiar with the operations of a healthcare organization, current trends and changes within the healthcare industry, state and federal compliance and regulatory standards
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Provides oversight and directs comprehensive patient care according to GCHD standing delegation orders authorized by the Local Health Authority or designee and ensures accurate completion of reporting required by GCHD, DSHS and CDC.
- Oversees CHS activities carried out by the PHNs and CHWs including high risk population screenings, and assessment and management of preventable chronic disease clients in community outreach, clinic, and home settings.
- Oversees activities carried out by the STD Prevention staff including high risk population screenings, testing, and education of HIV and STDs to clients in community outreach and clinic settings.
- Responds to disease outreach and high-risk exposures – follows Universal and Isolation Precautions
- Maintains current procedures on all applicable ordinances, laws, and acts affecting the proper disposal of medical waste and standard precautions.
- Oversees provision of technical assistance and treatment guidance to community health partners
- Oversees activities of Public Health Nurses and works with them to carry out current initiatives as well as establish new ones.
- Works with Director of Community Health Services and Local Health Authority to assess program effectiveness and efficiency, to identify barriers, to develop improvement plans, to design special outreach programs in the community, etc.
- Provides orientation and educational training, and directly performing all activities necessary to maintain all Public Health Nursing program responsibilities
- Provides orientation and educational training, and directly performing all activities necessary to maintain all STD Prevention program responsibilities
- Understands and follows GCHD Infection Control policies, plans, procedures, and guidelines related to program area requirements
- Properly disposes of biohazard waste
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.