Medical Case Manager -LMSW
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Licensed Medical Social Worker performs comprehensive psychosocial assessments and formulates diagnosis of social, emotional and substance abuse problems, develops treatment plans for each client; monitoring plan to ensure its implementation; and educating client regarding wellness, medications, and health care compliance. The Licensed Medical Social Worker serves as an advocate for the client. The Licensed Medical Social Worker ensures linkage to case management, mental health, substance abuse and other client services indicated by diagnosis or clinical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains a regular and predictable work schedule.
· Communicates with others (internally and externally) to provide, exchange, or verify information, answer questions, and address issues of clients.
· Accomplishes assessments and diagnosis to determine the need for social treatment establishes treatment goals and selects appropriate social work treatment techniques, on the basis of problems and needs of clients and families/caregiver(s), which will be most effective.
· Develops specific clinic or program treatment goals such as (1) developing communication patterns with members of other disciplines, and (2) determining priorities for services and the method of services (whether in areas of direct services, consultation, or participant teaching.
· Objectivity and self-discipline to avoid emotional involvement in situations that is frequently emotional and high-charged.
· Keeping abreast of new knowledge and techniques related to the practice of social work and new medical treatment modalities as they might affect the social adjustment or life style of clients via literature, professional settings and staff development activities.
· Documentation of services provided in client record and CPCDMS database or other database(s). Performs quality management/assurance activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
Educational and Job Related Requirements:
· Licensed Master Level Social Worker within the human services field required. Must have had two years volunteer or paid in the provision of social work services to infectious/communicable diseases in particular HIV/AIDS clients. Must be able to assess diagnosis, and provide treatment, including appropriate documentation. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Continuing Education and Requirements:
Participates in trainings required by the funding source
licensure and provide copies of CEUs to HR for credentialing.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
No matter what path you are on, we're here to support you on your #healthcare journey.