Covid-19 Site Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the supervision of the Specimen Collection Manager / Vaccine Operations Supervisor, the COVID-19 Testing/Vaccine Site Supervisor will oversee COVID-19 testing and vaccination activities and field operations of multiple sites within the jurisdiction of Harris County. This position will require local traveling with the Vaccine/Testing Unit throughout the county where COVID vaccinations/testing is deemed needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide oversight and direction for site clinical and support staff
- Review personnel schedule, vaccine/testing site schedule, and communicate changes with staff in a timely manner
- Coordinate staff assignments, monitor staff time and attendance, maintain ongoing contact with staff, and report any staffing issues
- Ensure hourly and daily reports are completed accurately and on-time
- Monitor employees’ performance and address/resolve disciplinary concerns
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, and protocols as well as external guidelines, laws, and regulations as appropriate to the function
- Attend in-person and online training and meetings related to vaccine/testing operations
- Assists were needed to fill gaps operationally within the site (registration, traffic flow, etc.)
- Ensure setup and breakdown of vaccine/testing site is done safely and timely
- Ensure supplies are accounted for and distributed to the proper stations within the site
- Ensure that any facility or equipment issues are reported immediately
- Review any just-in-time training and safety protocols on site with staff
- Oversee daily handoff of the testing specimen to the courier and report any issues
- Ensure that any safety issues or vaccine reactions are reported immediately
- Oversee onsite vaccine cold-chain management and ensure vaccines are handled/transported appropriately
- Collaborate with Vaccine Operations Supervisor or Specimen Collection Manager and HR
- Maintain ongoing communication with business partners and facility managers
- Foster a spirit of teamwork to accomplish daily operations
- Other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email.
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business/Public Administration, Communications or other related fields
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience, preferably in a public health or healthcare environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including 365 (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint, Teams, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong supervisory, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to use sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately utilizing discretion
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative relationships with diverse populations
- Ability to identify performance challenges and appropriate solutions
- Ability to assess and provide performance feedback in a timely and effective manner
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Sites are scheduled seven (7) days a week.
- A person in this position will work 5 days with 2 days off. Days off may vary.
- Schedule of hours may vary between 7 am to 7 pm.
- Houston, TX
- Commensurate with experience.
- Based on 26 pay periods.
- Persons in these positions frequently lift, carry, push, and pull objects weighing up to 10 lbs. They also occasionally move objects weighing up to 20 lbs., and sometimes, but rarely, up to 50 lbs
Employment may be contingent on passing a drug screen and meeting other standards.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!