Food Safety Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for making sure that HFB is following all food safety rules, guidelines, and policies. Implement and enforce quality control and food safety programs to maintain the best quality and safe processing of food products and laws as mandated by the federal government, commodity-specific regulations (i.e., FDA), and customer-specific requirements. The Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Food Safety Director in all aspects of the food safety program and sampling program. This position is also responsible for assisting with customer interaction and facilitating visits when needed. The Food Safety Coordinator will also assist with other departmental tasks.
- Associate degree or commensurate industry experience, previous experience in food warehouse and /or quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of HACCP Plan, FDA / USD regulations.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel.
- Ability to operate a computer, copier, and other business equipment.
- Stand-up forklift experience.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with implementation and overseeing a comprehensive food safety program. Daily monitoring of Preventive Controls. Ensures action plans to address gaps are tracked.
- Assist with overseeing the implementation and enforcement of the food safety program in all aspects of the company(s). Follow-up/ post audits occur to validate action plan completion.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of all training regarding food safety across all operations.
- Oversee and assist the Food Safety Coordinator Assistant in conducting all applicable training to a given employee based on their role in food safety.
- Assist the Food Safety Director in maintaining full compliance with the GFSI standard and other auditing services. Interacts with Food Safety Manager for the weekly update.
- As Analyzing recent audit scores and deciding on actions to resolve any noted outages. This will directly impact future audit scores.
- Conduct Food Safety investigations and recommend corrective actions. When directed, then implement those corrective actions in the operation(s).
- Periodic reviews will be held with the Quality/ Food Safety with other Departments for compliance.
- Interacts with Managers daily to ensure accurate data is being reported for each department.
- Review and audit all areas that have a direct impact on facility sanitation.
- Specific tasks include.
- Monitor all areas of the warehouse.
- Monitor Keegan Kitchen.
- Monitor the recycle dock.
- Report all food safety problems to the Director of Facilities.
- Work with pest control provider on pest issues.
- Complete tasks that are necessary to maintain the HFB compliance with city, state, and federal guidelines.
- Responsible for researching and responding to customer complaints (internal/external).
- Random audits/site visits to agencies.
- Random ride along with HFB drivers.
- Enforcement of food safety policies and procedures.
- Complete daily/weekly inspection reports.
- Maintain A2H/OSHA compliance.
- Serves as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Provide food /general safety training for HFB staff, especially the ‘Food Handlers” class.
- Identify workplace food/safety hazards and develop solutions.
Train all HFB staff on ServeSafe requirements.
Adhere to PACT values. (Purpose: Using our strengths passionately to contribute to our mission. Accountability: Choosing to rise above one’s circumstances and demonstrating ownership to achieve results. See It. Own It. Solve It. Do It. Courage: Standing up for what’s right and taking action. Transparency: Doing things openly and honestly.)
Supervisory Responsibility (Yes/No):
*Is legally able to work in the United States.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and essential job functions required to this job and are not and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, working conditions, qualifications, and skills that may be required.
Houston Food Bank (HFB) is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities, and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented, and diverse workforce. HFB is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.