Director of Social Services - Licensed Social Worker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The overall purpose of the Director of Social Services position is to enable the facility to identify the medically related social and emotional needs of the patients. This position acts to meet those needs through individual and group social services programming. This position also promotes patients' potential during their stay and collaborates with physician and patient in preparation for discharge.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work or in human services fields.
- Licensed per the state of Texas requirements.
- Skills in communication, documentation, assessment, and social work methods and techniques.
- Has at least one year of experience in long-term care setting and/or related healthcare setting.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Develops social histories of patients, and develops a social assessment and care plan for each patient which identifies medically related social and emotional problems and needs.
• Participates in interdisciplinary care plan conferences, and contributes to the development of care plans for patients.
• Establishes specific social action plans and realistic goals for each patient consistent with medically related social and emotional needs.
• Designs and develops social service programs that meet medically related social and emotional needs of patients and complies with regulatory guidelines.
• With the Administrator, interprets and promotes patients' rights and the "Patients' Bill of Rights".
• Provides individual and group help for patients and families at times of adjustment, crisis or particular need.
• Orients patients and families to the facility environment, and assists the adjustment of both through individual and group programs.
• Completes the Social Services section (sections E & F) of the MDS
• Assists with implementation of all RCMS and in particular #13 Advanced Directives.
• May coordinate admissions process for new or returning patients.
• Coordinates discharge planning with staff, patients and families.
• Coordinates social services "in-service" and educational programs for staff.
• Completes all necessary and supportive documentation-progress notes, intervention notes, adjustment notes in accordance with state and federal regulations
• May identify and promote a family council committee.
• Ability to function as a Team Leader/Role Model.
• Serves on various committees as requested by Administrator.
• Has reviewed Cantex Continuing Care Network’s Clinical Policies and Procedures or Abuse Prevention and knows the employee's responsibility to enforce it.
• Performs other duties/tasks as assigned.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the contributions ...