Clinical Practice Senior MA Consultant WellMed
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Integration Practice Consultant (Senior Medical Assistant) will provide supervision, training, leadership and support to acquired clinic staff to ensure established policies, procedures, and operating guidelines for WellMed are being followed. Works closely with acquired providers and operational partners, including training teams, to ensure successful clinic integration. Responsible for delivering high quality customer service and maintaining established quality control standards. The Senior Medical Assistant – Integration Practice Consultant is expected to solve problems and prioritize and organize work tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- Travels to various assigned clinics to provide MA supervision, support, and training in acquired clinics to support the integration process
- Provides supervision, support and serves as an on-going consultant resource to the acquired clinic to ensure performance goals are met
- Engages the providers and staff as an early adopter and mentor of the changes being implemented in the company
- Engages integration team to provide appropriate resources for training, tools, and support to the clinic team to reach desired optimal state of operation
- Builds and maintains relationships across business groups and cross functional teams, including PSR’s, MA’s, RN/LVN’s, APC’s, Physicians and leadership
- Ensures integration timelines are met in accordance with the approved project plan
- Supervises and serves as an Integration practice consultant assisting clinical staff in defining and executing appropriate workflows based on introduction of new processes
- Demonstrates a subject matter expert knowledge of and ability to perform skills within the scope of a Certified Medical Assistant, including but not limited to, procedures, injections, screenings, EKGs and phlebotomy. Able to adjust to clinic activities that often vary from day to day
- Performs, supervises, and trains the standard tasks associated with patient care with minimal oversight from supervisor:
- Prepares charts prior to clinic sessions, ensures all specialist reports and test results are documented and available for physician review. Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion
- Rooms patients according to company standards, updates medication lists and completes screenings as indicated
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner
- Assists the provider during patient visits, including documenting portions of the visit in the electronic medical record while the provider is examining the patient. Requires active listening and the ability to accurately capture the provider’s instructions
- Performs, supervises, trains and coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies. Includes, but is not limited to, scheduling appointments, faxing prescriptions and calling patients after the visit to ensure the patient has been able to access care
- Utilizes Motivational Interview skills to assist patients in setting short term health goals and developing self-management skills
- Demonstrates an ability to organize tasks and solve routine problems independently, works with Integrations Manager to solve more complex problems
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks, and cleans rooms following the appropriate guidelines and provides training to the clinic staff and providers on these guidelines
- Must maintain Medical Assistant and CPR certifications and keep current/valid
- Performs when required as a Clinic Integration Manager
- Act as a supervisor, coach, teacher, and role model to all of the clinic staff and providers being integrated by being an exemplar of the mission, values, culture and philosophy of the enterprise
- Proficient in eCW and will rapidly develop a basic working knowledge of the acquisition EMR
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current, valid nationally recognized Medical Assistant Certification
- Current, valid BLS certification
- 4+ years of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant
- Computer literacy and the ability to master new applications and electronic medical records
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Extensive travel throughout WellMed markets – approx. 90% travel
- Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) verbal and written proficiency
- Experience with WellMed Care Model and processes
- Ability and willingness to work with a mature/senior population in healthcare
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.