This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Staff Counselor provides therapy and guidance to patients and family members as a part of total patient care. Work is full-time during the weekdays. Work is primarily at the clinic with occasional work at the residential site or in the community.
Watch our moving corporate video, "The Story of Centre for Neuro Skills" at https://youtu.be/Jwqve9gWtEw.
Benefits Package Includes:
- paid time off
- extended sick leave
- health, dental, life, and optional vision insurance
- paid holidays
- continuing education assistance
- Provides counseling and guidance to patients and family members as a part of total patient care. The ability to communicate with people of different backgrounds and abilities is required.
- Tests and evaluates patients.
- Implements the specific counseling activities and/or interventions that will lead to accomplishing the plan goals.
- Evaluates, at appropriate intervals, the plan’s effectiveness in reaching the desired outcomes and goals. This process might lead to a modification or change in the counselor plan in its entirety or any of its components.
- Performs reporting procedures.
- Attends meetings and conferences to keep current on ideas and techniques in the field of counseling.
- Master's Degree and appropriate state licensure in Marriage and Family Therapy, Licensed Professional Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field of study is required.
- 2 years of experience in acute care or rehabilitation is preferred.
- Demonstrate a capacity for and interest to absorb a global knowledge of medical and clinical rehabilitation aspects relating to traumatic brain injury.
- COVID vaccination is required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our purpose is to improve the quality of life for our patients through brain injury rehabilitation.