This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Reception and Communications
- Represents department in a professional and appropriate manner within the institution as well as externally.
- Provides backup telephone coverage for the Department and faculty, unless informed otherwise; triage all calls to appropriate person(s); must be able to understand and clearly respond to telephone conversations with physicians and other members of the health care team, both in and outside the cancer center. Answers all telephone lines without delay; take date and time of call, along with a complete and accurate message; including name and telephone number.
- Responds as secondary assistance with the needs of patients, customers, employees, vendors, etc., who require assistance and on directions, locating meetings, etc., as requested.
- Redirects physician pagers as necessary for end of work week or travel (covering physician).
- Administrative Support
- Provides support to assigned clinical faculty, research faculty, physician assistant and/or laboratory staff.
- Assist faculty with coordinating and preparing material/set up for conference and events large in scope.
- Compose formal, informal, and confidential correspondence for the assigned faculty members.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendar for faculty members.
- Prepares agendas for matters of consideration at meetings, as requested.
- Initiates and assists in scheduling meetings, arranging for conference rooms, and catering.
- Format manuscripts according to journal specifications using EndNote and/or Reference Manager.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of required reports/documents for manuscripts and grants by tracking stages, alerting investigators, and initiating response processes.
- Prepares slide presentations, requiring the use of MS PowerPoint software and process appropriate paperwork to have slides manufactured.
- Arranges all travel preparations for assigned faculty and department staff as needed, scheduling airline reservations and hotel accommodations through Concur travel system.
- Ensures all travel expenditures are processed according to departmental/institutional guidelines and reimbursed in a timely manner.
- Accurately record and monitor faculty use of 30-day annual extramural leave allowance.
- Maintains the most current information for assigned faculty pertaining to curriculum vitae, periodical publications, and biographical sketches utilizing the FIS system.
- Coordinates the application and paperwork for the recredentailing process.
- Establishes priorities and deadlines for completion of projects assigned by faculty and/or Office Manager.
- Ensures timely and accurate expense and income tracking and projections for all company centers under the direction of the principal investigator faculty member.
- Assists in the financial analysis of existing programs by monitoring and reconciling monthly balances of current status of company center reports.
- Update and maintain PRS account expenses for assigned faculty and physician assistants.
- Compiles data and prepares reports as needed on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Assists with other departmental projects to be assigned by Office Manager and/or Department Administrator.
- Provides relief support to other support staff as assigned by the Office Manager
- Prepares and submits information as required for departmental reports.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Retrieves/returns patient charts from Medical Records, as requested.
- Utilizes PubMed, or other Internet medical publication websites and/or Texas Medical Center libraries to obtain copies of articles.
- Maintains filing system with patient and office files.
- Photocopies documents. Operates all standard office machines.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Four years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, no experience required. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources
Preferred: Experience providing support to 2-3 individuals.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 147222
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Work Location: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 37,500
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 46,600
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 56,000
- Science Jobs: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.