Administrative Assistant - FT Day | Sugar Land Rehab
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Administrative and Secretarial Support
• Orders supplies and makes necessary recommendations for equipment repairs, replacements or additions for departments.
• Maintains and updates manuals as requested
• Implements and performs computer operations to include department and professional correspondence, reports, schedules, budgets, inventories, purchase orders, work orders, staffing sheets, documents, graphs, databases, forms, minutes and other patients related business
• Implements and performs distribution duties to include mail, correspondences, and hospital related mail or forms
• Implements and performs duplicating/faxing duties in a timely manner
• Routes and files all patient care, department and hospital documents in the appropriate locations and orients staff as indicated. Maintains department files.
• Maintains attendance records for Nursing Services Department.
• Cross-trains and provides backup for various job duties among hospital secretarial staff. Assures telephone coverage at lunchtime and at other times when a secretary must be away from their workstation for a period of short duration (mailing, duplicating, break, etc.). Assures coverage of duties among the secretarial staff for more extended times when a secretary is away from the facility.
• Facilitates completion of medical records.
• Functions as staffing coordinator. Takes absence/sick calls and makes staffing changes as directed. Ensures adequate staff by utilizing all nursing personnel and agency if needed.
Education and Training: High School diploma or equivalent. Graduated from or attended a business college or secretarial school.
Experience: No experience required; however, 1-2 years of experience in healthcare and/or office practice is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Verbal ability to communicate fluently with physicians, staff, patients and the public.
• Possess tact when confronted with people and when conversing by telephone.
• Possess numerical ability for detailed clerical data.
• Ability to form written material into categories.
• Good motor coordination and finger dexterity for fast, accurate typing and handling of other secretarial equipment.
• Ability to prioritize.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to operate a computer and word processing program, or have ability to learn.
• Dependable in maintaining work schedule.
• Interested in people, routine matters, and creative activities.
• Ability to function in repetitive and/or changing tasks with ease.
• Ability to work and reason independently, logically, impartially, accurately, and cooperatively.
• Ability to initiate and maintain harmony in both inter-and intra-departmental/program relationships.
• Ability to receive and follow routine orders.
• Ability to accept and utilize advice and constructive criticism and seek information with respect to secretarial duties.
• Willingness to assume more responsibility.
• Capable of communicating with people of various education levels and backgrounds.
• Ability to take direction from multiple individuals in certain circumstances.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.
High School or better.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Specialty healthcare company providing high quality post-acute care for medically complex cases. LTAC | Wound Care | Brain Injury | PT-OT-Rehab | Vent...