This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under the supervision of the Community Youth (CYS) Program Director, this position performs complex clerical and technical support duties to ensure efficient operation of CYS program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives intakes and open cases in Evolv; manages and maintains electronic filing system by program staff name and district, run statistical reports; manage and maintain accurate assignments in Evolv by staff and district.
- Maintains inventory and ordering of supplies for the CYS Program (general funds and grant).
- Maintains inventory of client basic needs and clothing items; coordinate distribution to CYS direct service staff in multiple school districts.
- Assists with preparing Purchase Orders, submitting items to Commissioners Court, collecting bills, paying invoices and providing admin assistance for CYS administrative team.
- Coordinates collection of multiple documents for community based staff (work logs, timesheets, travel, payroll information, evaluations) and organize for submission to Human Resources.
- Prepares supplies and materials for onboarding of new staff, program trainings, provides administrative support for program projects.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years full time paid work experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Training and experience using a personal computer with a variety of software such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License and auto liability insurance with reliable transportation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated
- Must interact with all levels of staff
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem solve and demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Work with limited supervision and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains confidentiality
- Interacts and maintains professional working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Exercise flexibility, tact, and diplomacy
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Houston, Texas
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Mileage Reimbursement
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and drug screen.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!