Scheduling Specialist II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Scheduling Specialist representative is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently scheduling patient appointments and entering incoming provider referrals. This includes adherence to department policies and procedures related scheduling duties. This role is within the Referral Center.
- Schedules, provides callers with important information related to their appointment (i.e. Prep information for test, directions, order management etc.).
- Verifies order/referral is complete and matches scheduled procedure. Includes indexing and exporting physicians orders to correct patient account.
- Completes and accurately enters patient demographic information into Epic.
- Reviews incoming referrals received via fax, email or referrals work queue for completeness and follows up for additional information if necessary.
- Interprets and coordinates ancillary tests and procedure orders in Epic received from non-BCM physicians.
- Maintains and updates schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled accurately.
- Obtains implant device identification cards for patients having ancillary tests performed.
- Obtains cardiac clearances for patients that have implantable devices from external and internal referring physicians.
- Schedules and reschedules translation services for patients that English is not their primary language.
- Communicates with patients to ensure follow-through with referrals/orders.
- Coordinates the process of referring patients to appropriate clinics/testing sites.
- Scans all pertinent patient records, orders and referrals in the patient’s chart.
- Communicates status of appointment to internal and external referring physicians.
- Maintains open communication with the registration/front-desk staff regarding those unscheduled patients presenting for services to ensure appropriate testing is performed.
- Works the ready to schedule work queue for all internal and/or external referrals requested by urgency and requested timeline.
- Handles and processes a complex and varied series of documents and situations.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.