The focus of this position will be to produce (primarily) foundation grant proposals for Houston Food Bank as well as to explore and develop new grant opportunities and prospects. Specifically, the Grants Coordinator is charged with identifying, researching, monitoring, and applying for available funding opportunities that advance the mission of Houston Food Bank and coordinating the administration of and reporting on awarded funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Journalism, Liberal Arts or related discipline.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; Raiser’s Edge and Asana preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment, and techniques.
- Ability to coordinate well with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions and guidelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to perform research and analyze data.
- Knowledge of basic budget procedures.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience directly related to grant writing / non-profit administration.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Research and identify grant funding opportunities.
- Generate proposals and supporting documents/language in response to foundation and some specialty and corporate solicitations.
- Coordinate pre-award and post-award activities.
- Coordinate grant close-out, evaluation, and audit requirements.
- Coordinate the auditing, monitoring, and scheduling of grant reports.
- Coordinate with Finance Department to account for and track grant monies.
- Coordinate interdepartmental cooperation on grant implementation and compliance issues.
- Participate in various grant meetings as needed.
- Support with revenue projections and prospects during the annual budget process.
- Enter proposals and actions into Raiser’s Edge and run basic queries and reports.
- Enter awarded proposals, deadlines, documentation and necessary actions into Asana.
- Track and report monthly metrics from donor portfolio.
- Coordinate organization award solicitations and nominations.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Assist Grants Manager in other capacities as needed.
- Ensure that work area is clean, secured, and well maintained.
- Update skill set as needed via trainings, workshops and/or conferences.
- Attend meetings as needed.
Supervisory Responsibility (Yes/No): No
It is the policy of the Houston Food Bank to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This means that the Houston Food Bank does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, military and/or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, and compensation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.