Galveston County Health District is seeking a Multimedia Specialist!
The right candidate will be responsible for implementing and contributing to communication campaigns, primarily focused on graphic design and video production, that utilize innovative and engaging content that promote Galveston County Health District.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable medical insurance, Paid time off plans, FREE life insurance, FREE long term disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary: $57,783.00
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, journalism or a similar field
- One-three years of professional work experience with major responsibilities in a variety of media including videos, motion graphics, animated and non-animated social media content and graphic design
- Advanced skills in the use of graphic design/ video production and editing software (i.e.: Adobe Creative Suite, Canva)
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt and communicate for multiple brand voices
- Experience working in public health or health care is helpful
- Knowledge and working experience in content management systems and a basic understanding of other web technologies
- Ability to speak, read and write both Spanish and English is preferred, but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong creative and visual skills
- Problem solver, quick learner, deadline driven
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently
- Efficient and organized
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
- Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Develops, implements and contributes to communication campaigns that utilize innovative and engaging strategies to increase awareness and support of GCHD services, strategic initiatives and public health in general
- Designs visually appealing, informative and engaging materials including social media and website content, videos, brochures, etc. while maintaining unified brand voice
- Works with health district programs to develop graphics, flyers, brochures, videos, etc. specific to their program needs
- Assist with social media management as needed
- Contributes to communication efforts including news releases, guest columns, articles, newsletters, reports and fact sheets
- Promotes GCHD through community outreach activities and/or presentations
- May respond to media inquiries and serve as a GCHD spokesperson
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.