RN Care Manager
Coastal Health & Wellness is seeking a RN Care Manager!
The right candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and implementation of health care plans for individual patients. The RN Care Manager will provide effective and efficient medical care while acting as a liaison between patients, their families, doctors, and health care providers.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary: $75,800.14
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing, with a bachelor's degree preferred
· Active nursing license in the state of Texas
· Clinical knowledge of chronic conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with patients, physicians, and other stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to assess and respond to patient and family needs in a timely manner
· General knowledge of care management practices, including familiarity with relevant products and services
· Experience in establishing professional and collaborative relationships with patients, doctors, and insurance providers
· Certification as a diabetes educator, nutritionist, physical therapist, or other specialty is a plus
· Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Express, as well as data entry
• Ability to comply with regulations and communicate official information in an appropriate manner
• Advanced ability to coordinate efforts, facilitate intervention, and maintain records
• Excellent interpersonal skills to assist distressed individuals from different cultural backgrounds
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Assess new patients
· Clearly explain the reason for prescribed treatments and treatment plans to patients
· Update and revise patient health care plans as needed
· Educate patients and families about health care plans and options
· Make clinical decisions for routine patient care
· Accurately document and submit medical records
· Demonstrate knowledge in medical care, such as diagnostic procedures, medication, symptoms, and other treatment-related therapies
· Provide emotional support to patients and families
· Evaluate and determine needs of patients
· Review results from medical tests
· Implement physician orders and other nursing procedures
· Create an environment for open communication
· Assists patients with transition between treatments and stages of care effectively
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
To apply please visit www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.