Research Assistant I - Orthopaedics Research
Under close direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Under close supervision, conducts research activities according to research protocol. Research activities may include some or all of the following: data management, screening and enrollment of eligible patients for orthopaedic research studies, clinic follow-up activities, and study startup activities.
- May maintain clean laboratory equipment and/or work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Collects, evaluates, and interprets research data to provide needed information to principal investigators and other researchers. Updates notebooks, records, and databases as needed.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department.
- Orders laboratory and/or other supplies as directed by senior research staff.
- As needed, may coordinate the work of laboratory technicians and assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulations, and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General knowledge of research fields.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
No years of experience.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds constantly and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.